Friday, January 26, 2007

and the beat goes on...

Okay, I lied. :( Here is my next post and no scrapbook page. I'm still THAT close, but first, life has gotten in the way of my completing my first page. Work takes up the whole day, and if anything at all happens in the evening, the day is toast. I'm looking forward to squeezing some time out for scrapping this weekend, although between playing with grandbabies and doing taxes, I don't know how it will go, frankly.

The second thing is that the learning curve on Photoshop CS is pretty steep for a newbie. I've used the Business Deluxe version of Photoshop from about eight or ten years ago, but the full serving of PS is too big to finish in one sitting. It reminds me of when I was learning to use Excel many moons ago, and I would notice that I was trying to drive my fingers through the keyboard as I worked. My neck muscles would tense up until my head felt like it was going to pop off --kind of like when we were little and we'd hold a dandelion stem tightly, with our thumbs under the flower heads, flicking the flowers off the stems as we sang, "Momma had a baby and her HEAD popped off!" I'm just stubborn enough to keep trying to muddle through it, too. LOL. Insanity: trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I'll be certifiable soon.

I'm trying to add a few text boxes to label the pictures of the grandsons, but each stinkin' text box I add goes in on a new layer. So then, if I want to move any of them around after I look at it for a bit, I have to go through ten different layers to place the pictures and text differently. I have to figure out how I can get them all on one layer. Grrr.

No comments: