Tuesday, January 23, 2007

have you ever met your twin?

I have met my twin, and she is me!

I always heard people say that everyone has a "twin" somewhere--usually in the context of looking alike. Well, my twin seems to have lived my life. It's completely weird, almost to the point of being creepy sometimes, how many things we have in common. From the books we like to read, to the eclectic choices of music we listen to, to our husbands (ex, in my case, soon-to-be-ex in her case), our issues, our likes (shoes, writing, computers, and more) even down to the smallest things. How about the same brand and style of toothbrush and toothpaste?

I met her within the last year, and I feel as though I've known and loved her my whole life. How cool is that! I was just thinking about that...when you're in kindergarten, the world is wide open for best friends. You could have six of them today and twelve of them tomorrow, and the next day, you're mad at everyone...as you get older, you start to realize that truly best friends only come along once in a decade or two. I'm lucky enough to be married to my best friend. I wouldn't want to go through life with anyone but him. So I guess I could say I won the lottery again when I met Beth.

My very next post will have my scrapbook page with Grampa and his boys--yes, I'm THAT close! I started over after I lost everything on my first page, and I've saved it in stages as I've been working on it. I'm so excited. Thanks to the Digital Scrapbook Place http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/ and their great tutorials and suggestions, my first digital page is almost done!! I found the solution for the time crunch that I experience--find something you want to do more than you want to do anything else, and you will make time. I'm addicted already.

No comments: