Tuesday, February 13, 2007

bits and bites just for fun...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:00 AM
2. Diamonds or pearls? turquoise, actually
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I don't remember...sad, isn't it?
4. What is your favorite TV show? AMERICAN IDOL--WOO HOO!!!!!!!! although after this season so far, it would be more like... american idol--ho hum.....Otherwise I don't know. The Food Network or HGTV, not really a show, though.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? oatmeal
6. What food do you dislike? slimy lunchmeat that should have been thrown out last week
7. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfeld, and Ripen by Shawn McDonald
8. What kind of car do you drive? I drive a Buick. I would like to drive a yellow Volkswagen bug with 70s flowers on the taillights
9. Favorite sandwich? grilled cheese with Muenster and orange marmalade
10. What characteristic do you despise? meanness
11. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? a cruise to Alaska
12. What color is your bathroom? unfinished--is that a color?
13. Favorite brand of clothing? comfortable
14. Where would you retire to? Oregon
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? the one coming up--can I say that?
16. Furthest place you are sending this? I don't know yet
17. Favorite saying? God is a genius!
18. Are you a morning person or a night person? night, for SURE. if you wake up at 2:00 in the morning and I'm online blogging--you'll see what I mean!
19. Pets? several...2 fat cats, an old rabbit (11), and two dogs--a bigger fraidy-cat dog, and a little feisty dog who thinks he is bigger than the big one.
20. What did you want to be when you were little? a librarian
21. How are you today? tired--disappointed that I didn't wake up from my nap in time to watch AMERICAN IDOL--WOOHOO!!!!!! maybe it wasn't that good...it's the group night, and they just complain about each other and bicker. I can sit in my own living room and listen to that.
22. What is your favorite candy? peanut M&Ms or Butterfinger--it's a toss-up.
23. What is your favorite flower? favorite flower? cannot process that concept--there really isn't a flower I don't like, and I have too many favorites
24. What is your full name? It's a secret
25. What was the last thing you ate? oatmeal raisin cookie
26. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? periwinkle blue
27. Last person you spoke to on the phone? DeeDee
28. Favorite soft drink? diet Pepsi
29. Favorite restaurant? Que Viet--the best egg rolls and egg foo young ever!
30. Favorite day of the year? today
31. What was your favorite toy as a child? I can't remember that far back, but I think it was my Crissy doll that had hair that grew and retracted
32. Summer or winter? fall
33. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate? I think not. why not strawberry or mango?
34. What is your favorite comfort food? rice pudding
35. When was the last time you cried? today. that would probably be my answer every day
36. What is under your bed? lots of totes and probably chewed up Kleenexes from the little dog. I'm afraid to look.
37. Who is the friend you have had the longest? I don't know, probably my honey.
38. Favorite smells? freshly baked bread; the parking lot outside Biaggi's restaurant
39. What are you afraid of? something bad happening to my family
40. Favorite day of the week? Saturday, but only if I can sleep in
41. How many towns have you lived in? six
42. Do you make friends easily? it depends on the friend. Some friends develop slowly, and a rare few are almost instant--just add water and stir!

Coming soon...reflections on birthdays...

8 comments:

Faith said...

1. 5:15 am
2. Diamonds!
3. Funny, I can't remember either. We usually don't go there much, just wait for them to come out on DVD.
4. American Idol!! Yah, and also Greys Anatomy.
5. Ditto, oatmeal for me too. And I scramble and couple eggs and put turkey bacon in it.
6. Bologna, yuck.
7. Mercy Me (don't know the album name at the moment) Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts.
8. Saturn.
9. Rueben
10.vanity
11. Australia
12. one is tan, one is green
13. Ditto, comfortable, and cute! I don't need all name brands.
14. Arizona
15. 30th, my husband surprised me at a restaurant and a bunch of friends were there.
16. ?
17. You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.
18. Night for sure, I hit snooze about 4 times, I hate mornings.
19. 1 dog
20. a housewife, lol
21. great!
22. Same for me, I love butterfingers and peanut and plain M & M's
23. Pink roses
24. hmmm.....
25. an apple
26. Purple
27. my husband
28. Diet Mt. Dew
29. Olive Garden
30. Christmas
31. Barbie Dolls
32. Summer, actually spring because I love watching all my flowers come up! So fun, love it.
33.Chocolate
34. Chocolate again
35. couple days ago
36. A shotgun and a security box
37. a friend from childhood
38. the smell of clean, brownies baking or cookies baking, mulberry and vanilla candles
39. It used to be fear of being alone, but when I found Christ, that fear dissipatated. hmm,,,don't have a particular fear at the moment. Maybe if I had kids it would be seeing one of them hurt
40. Sunday, I love church
41.about 10-15
42. I used to be very introverted, but I am coming out of my shell and can speak to people easily. But a real friend has never been instant with me, it takes time.

Norah said...

I think you are absolutely hilarious! lolol

I like the one about what's under your bed. We have 3 dogs here, and for some reason they like to chew Kleenex too. We have 2 medium size dogs- husky/shepherd mix, and a chihuahua.. who also thinks he rules the house.

A question - why would you like to retire to Oregon, any special reason? Climate, family, etc..?

Love your ideal car, too..

Now, the grilled cheese, with orange marmalade?? never heard of it, will have to try it!!

Too funny tho, I'll have to try that one of these days :-)

sunnyspot said...

1. 6:00am
2. pearls, but I wouldn't mind getting a big diamond!
3. I can't remember. I'm not much of a movie buff. I'll have to ask my husband what it was.
4. I never turn on the TV myself, but when my family has something recorded I get sucked in - so American Idol, House, World's Biggest Loser, Iron Chef - America.
5. I hate breakfast food for breakfast so I usually have typical lunch food like soup or something.
6. Peas! Blaak!!
7. HillSongs United - the latest one with the song, I'll Stand - It's awesome!
8. Chevy Blazer
9. Quiznos - Turkey Bacon Guacomole
10. Yes, meanness is mine too.
11. Australia/New Zealand
12. light green
13. Christopher & Banks or Chadwicks
14. Northern MN - Lutsen area
15. My last one - we went to a Greek restaurant, but I didn't feel well, so I couldn't eat this massive sampler plate that I ordered.
16. Beats me!
17. I love all quotes - I can't think of a specifc one just now.
18. Morning, for sure! If I'm alone, I go to bed by 7:00pm!
19. One dog - a Basset - who eats kleenex too! Why they do that I don't understand!
20. a teacher or an astronomer
21. Pretty good, but wish I got a nap in before church tonite.
22. Heath bars
23. Sunflowers, daisys, petunias, calla lillies, tulips... should I go on?
24. My mother always told me to never give that kind of info out on the internet. No wait that was me telling that as a mother!
25. Beefaroni, chips, sour cream, & a can of caffeine free coke.
26. Forest green
27. My husband
28. Shasta Cherry Coke, but they don't make it any more.
29. I love restaurants! Anything ethic! My newest favorite is a little Irish pub near here. I can't spell the name - Claduaghs or something like that.
30. New Year's Eve - because all the old is gone & everything starts new!
31. Barbie doll house
32. Fall, without a doubt - North Shore of MN - breathtaking!
33. Banana or pumpkin
34. Oreo Cookies - I can down a whole row of them with a glass of milk when I am depressed!
35. A couple weeks ago.
36. Nothing. We have a water bed frame.
37. My husband
38. pumpkin pie, apple & spice, vanilla
39. Depends on the day. Today I'm doing pretty good.
40. Monday or Friday - Mondays because it's a new week & I can get things in order. Fridays when I have that as my day off.
41. 4 towns
42. I can meet people easily, but true friends are hard to come by. It takes time for those.

daisyaday said...

I love it! I'm so excited that you guys did this, too. Isn't it funny what we have in common?

Norah, I've been in Oregon, and I could get used to not needing winter jackets. I love flowers and gardening. I'd love to grow berries and fruits and flowers most of the year around.

And what is it with dogs and Kleenex?? I thought my dog was just kind of twisted, because he only likes the ones out of the garbage--blggghhh! I think the novelty of having pets is starting to wear off, especially when I step in cold cat vomit with my bare feet at four in the morning, when I am letting one of the dogs out, who can't wait till six in the morning to go out and go potty! I thought I was done getting up in the middle of the night when my kids got a little older.

See? This is great. We are all kindred spirits! Mercy Me, dogs, flowers, Hillsong, but I don't know the song "I'll Stand". What's the name of the CD?

And faith, btw, I feel sorry for anyone breaking into your house.

I had to laugh...you know how typically it is the stereotypical controlling father who just happens to be cleaning his guns when the guy comes to pick up his daughter for a date? I talked to a girl today whose MOM told her date that she knew how to clean, load AND fire every one of the guns they owned. That is a first.

Norah said...

1. What time did you get up this morning? 8:00
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Cars, with our three granddaughters last summer.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Monk, House, the Office, 24, and we watch a lot of news channels.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Oatmeal or cereal, yogurt.
6. What food do you dislike? Tofu
7. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Linda Ronstadt - Adieu False Heart
8. What kind of car do you drive? Chevy Silverado truck
9. Favorite sandwich? Vegetarian on 10 grain bread
10. What characteristic do you despise? meanness disguised as friendliness
11. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Caribbean
12. What color is your bathroom? yellow/blue
13. Favorite brand of clothing? LLBean
14. Where would you retire to? Arizona winter/Michigan summer, in a heartbeat
15. What was your most recent memorable birthday? 50th - surprise party!
16. Furthest place you are sending this? not very far :-)
17. Favorite saying? Outside, dogs!
18. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night person.. not a morning person, never have been
19. Pets? 5. Three dogs and two cats.
20. What did you want to be when you were little? a teacher
21. How are you today? Fine, thanks. Well, not fine. See I have these aches and pains.. oh, nevermind.
22. What is your favorite candy? chocolate!
23. What is your favorite flower? Roses
24. What is your full name? not tellin'
25. What was the last thing you ate? a cinnamon roll! why did I do that.
26. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I agree, periwinkle blue
27. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Sally
28. Favorite soft drink? coke
29. Favorite restaurant? local Mexican restaurant - Border Grill, yummy
30. Favorite day of the year? Christmas
31. What was your favorite toy as a child? Barbie
32. Summer or winter? Summer, but I like them all actually!
33. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate
34. What is your favorite comfort food? tea and toast
35. When was the last time you cried? A couple of weeks ago, it was a movie that did it!
36. What is under your bed? totes!
37. Who is the friend you have had the longest? Husband. But still have girlfriends from childhood who I don't see very often, yet we pick right up when we see each other.
38. Favorite smells? clean house, something baking in the oven. Lavender, vanilla.
39. What are you afraid of? spiders and snakes.
40. Favorite day of the week? Wednesday. Still lots of week left lol
41. How many towns have you lived in? three
42. Do you make friends easily? Yes. I was very shy when I was young and I still enjoy being alone, but it's much easier to make friends these days.

daisyaday said...

Hooray, you did it too, norah! I love finding out about people. I was just cracking up reading yours, too. I love people who are real. I am the most unperfect person I can imagine, so you have to know it makes me feel much better when people are just themselves. I love the "Outside, dogs!" quote.

My quote for the dogs, actually one dog--the big needy fraidy-cat one--is, "Couch!!" He stands around in the way when there is stuff going on, putting groceries away, whatever, and no matter which way you try to walk, he will be standing in FRONT of your feet. That's when I shout COUCH! at him, so he will go lay on the couch, out of the way so I can walk.

Yes, norah and sunnyspot, to Claddaughs, or however you spell it, yes to the Oreos and milk, only I have to dip them in peanut butter before I dip them in milk, and yes especially about the meanness disguised as friendship. That is way worse than flat-out meanness. And there's this great little Greek restaurant called Athens Cafe down in Robbinsdale on Co Rd 81--Greek food to die for! I love ethnic food, too. I like Linda Ronstadt, but haven't heard that CD. Thanks for sharing!

sunnyspot said...

The HillSongs United CD is United We Stand. It's awesome!

I'll have to write this weekend. Today is pretty crazy! Happy Birthday - daisyaday! Hope you have a chance to do something special!

Norah said...

Daisy, where do you live in the Twin Cities area.. did you say St Paul? Our three kids live in the NW subs.. Otsego, Ramsey and Zimmerman.. they're all married and the oldest, our son, has three daughters..

when you said Robbinsdale it reminded me to ask you about that..