Sunday, March 25, 2007

a play date for mom!

When life seems routine, break out of it! Do something different, like buy pink shoes because it is spring, or completely switch up your schedule for the day. It's very refreshing.

I have now reached the ultimate in dorkiness, or so my kids think. I went on a play date with my twin. The hardest part for them to understand is that we were going to be cleaning, and we were looking forward to it! Do you remember when you were a kid, and it was always more fun to help one of your friends clean their room than it was to clean your own? And your mom could never figure that out? Well, things have not changed. It's still way more fun to clean at someone else's house!

So plan a play date! And then, when you come home, if you are very lucky indeed, like I was today, your honey will have bought you a fresh bouquet of tulips, something yummy like mango tea (in bulk), and lavender lotion. Just because. And he will have done the dishes while you are gone. Imagine that! I am so spoiled.

You know, God is so good. If I can just let go of trying to fix and manage everything, just peel my white-knuckled fingers away from the control button, God can place amazing things in my life. I never imagined that life could be so good as to have a man who not only understands that women need time together sometimes, but who even prepares a wonderful surprise and has it waiting for me when I get back home. Words cannot express my satisfaction! Mmm m-m-m.

1 comment:

d.t.x. said...

I would be happy cleaning with someone else if it was for the same reason you were cleaning.