Wednesday, April 11, 2007

in the land of women

There was a preview on TV tonight for a new movie coming out soon. It's called In the Land of Women. It looks like a serious chick flick. The characters appear to be in their late teens or early twenties. Okay, it's probably early twenties. I think everyone under thirty looks like a teenager these days. Is that a sign of getting old? Why is this age thing whacking me over the head every way I turn? I'm too young to be old! Some days, I feel like I'm still fourteen!

Well anyway, I looked at my honey, and I said, "Dear! Once the boys move out (maybe this summer), that will be your life: In the Land of Women!" (It will be just my honey, the two girls and me.) He just stared at me, without even cracking a smile. He called for next-to-youngest Son from the other room. "Son?" he asked. "When you move out, can I move with you?"

Son looked at him quizzically, and didn't even miss a beat. "No!" And then, "What are you talking about?!" I explained it to him, and Son said, very seriously, "Dad. You need to buy a dog. A big dog. Then when the girls are picking on you, you can just tell the dog to bite them!" Then he walked back down the hall. "Good luck with that, Dad."

In the Land of Women. I'll have to make time to go see that one. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: