Monday, June 11, 2007

mismatched Monday



This absentmindedness of mine is disconcerting! I got ready for work this morning and I had picked out clothes that were mainly cream and sky blue, with small red accents. They are comfy and not bad looking.

I got to work and settled down with that nice feeling that you get when you are reasonably well put together — do you know what I mean? Well, I was sitting at the desk when I looked down and saw that I was still wearing my hot pink power shoes. (Okay, other people call them Crocs.) I had worn them when I walked the dog this morning, and I never changed my shoes!! I was well put together, all right!



I thought about it for about thirty seconds, and then I made the executive decision that matching didn't matter today, for the simple reason that . . . it was Monday. Yeah. Look at me not worrying about what people think. It was either that or try to make my feet inconspicuous all day long, and with size 11's, that was kind of a lost cause. It set the tone for the day: about a half bubble off plumb.

Well, tomorrow could be Terrific Tuesday. You never know!

2 comments:

Miss Paula said...

I have the same color. Have no fear we will clash together!!

Connie Barris said...

Isn't it nice when we can rest in our less than perfect selves?!

yes... I like it when I get to work and have one black sock and one blue sock.....

thank goodness for humor...