Saturday, June 16, 2007

summer time is flying

Do you ever notice how fast the time goes by when you're doing something you love to do? My days are passing, just as if I were flipping through the pages of a book. Plip. Plip. Plip.

I planted more annuals, we've been weeding (my honey more than I), we've been rearranging things in the flower gardens, and planning the next steps we want to take.

It's so cool. Even though it's a work in progress, I can look ahead and visualize how it will be by the middle of summer or so, as we keep reworking and refining it. It's kind of like me--a work in progress, but getting better all the time with the hand of the Master reworking and fine-tuning my character. Do you see why I love to garden? I feel so close to God when I'm out there with my hands in the dirt He created.

I feel like I'm repeating myself. I probably am. Ha! D-girl is constantly letting me know that I've already told her things when I think I'm telling her something new. See, that's the tough part. She doesn't live at home anymore, but she visits often. So she'll find out something when she's there, and when I see her again, I think it happened when she wasn't there so I tell her about it. I can't keep it all straight!

I have hope, though. A friend of mine, who is a little ahead of me in age, not very much, said that the forgetfulness seemed to get much better after a while. You know, after the internal thermostat stops being broken and you stop feeling like you're going crazy. After menopause, is what I'm trying to say. But that is another post. Or wait, did I already do that??? LOL. Happy Saturday. I'm headed outside before it gets too warm again.

Watch for new snapshots from the garden...coming very soon.

No comments: