Thursday, August 9, 2007

four years ago...

♪ Happy Anniversary ♪♪
♪ Happy Anniversary ♪
♪ Happy Anniversareeeeeeee ♪♪
♪ Haaaaapyaniversary! ♪

Here's to celebrating four years of marriage to the man who loves me like crazy, who makes me feel alive, who knows in a second when he sees me if something is wrong, and who has a heart BIGGER than Texas. (Yes, I know that some of y'all believe Texas is bigger than anything, but trust me on this one.)

**Is it okay to say y'all if you're not from the South, by the way? I just love the way that sounds.**

Two days ago he looked at me and said, "Two days. Two. Days. What are we going to do to celebrate?"

I looked at him, thought, smiled, and said, "We've already committed to a meeting on Thursday."

The look on his face was priceless. He rolled his eyes. "You've GOT to be kidding me!" We both planned it, and neither one of us caught it. So funny.

Well, it's better to catch it two days early than do what we did two years ago. I was at work, and I was talking to him on the phone when I realized, we realized, that it was our anniversary THAT DAY! Neither one of us could be mad--we both forgot! We laughed then, too!

I think our marriage is just meant for sharing. Our first weekend after our wedding was spent at Family Camp, with our kids. We had an awesome time, but not much time alone. *sigh*

Well, what do you expect when you have two cats, a dog, a rabbit, eleven kids, nine grandkids, good friends . . . need I continue? And I wouldn't want to do without any of them! We just need to sneak away to the DQ perhaps, and spend an hour by the river catching up.

But laughter is good. I think sharing laughter is one of the best glues that can keep a relationship held together. If you can laugh at yourself, and laugh together, you're off to a great start!

So, we went to our meeting, and it was good. We'll go out to dinner tomorrow or Saturday instead, and snicker about our latest "oops". I'm sure it won't be the last one.

2 comments:

daisymarie said...

How precious is laughter! Congratulations on four years!!!
Continued happiness and bountiful blessings.

Rosemarie said...

Congratulations! I celebrated 11 years and humor is a huge part of our relationship, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Growing with Julia