Thursday, August 9, 2007

making my list

Checking it twice...oh, phooey. Now the song, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is playing on the little jukebox in my head. Do y'all have one of those? Probably not. *smile*

Anyway, I went to make my list of Things To Do and Things To Find in my clutter sink, and my brain went blank. I went to bed instead. Late at night is not the time to ask me to think.

Great random thing I heard about brain function this morning...I was blogging and surfing, and on the TV in the other room, they said it is particularly good for women to have more than one cup of coffee a day! It helps their memory and thinking processes. Hooray! One of my vices that is good for me! I'm feeling like I need another cup right now.

Okay, back to the de-junking process. I started by taking pictures of how bad it is. I haven't looked at them yet. It's a little scary. Somehow you see things differently when you look at them in a picture. It's like when you see yourself on video: it's almost like watching someone you don't know. You only know what it feels like to be you, not what it looks like.

Well anyway, I have a couple of totes that I can sort stuff into...clean clothes, dirty clothes, other people's clothes...how in the world can there be so many pieces of clothing in there and I never have anything to wear??! One of life's mysteries, I guess.

I have a terrible time throwing clothes away. Even clothes that don't fit, clothes that I don't like, and clothes that aren't even mine...even other people's sock widows that I don't know the owners of. It's like, "Wait! Maybe they're holding onto the other one till they find this one! I can't throw it away!" I am a sad case, indeed.

All the recovery groups say that character traits that cause problems for us also have a positive side. I wonder what the positive side of not wanting to throw socks away is. You can stuff pillows with them?

3 comments:

Miss Paula said...

Well, you could put one widow sock inside another, tie a knot and beat the tar out of something. That might get some organizing juices flowing! I was at Borders yesterday and saw an organizing book. I told my son I can organize when I have more room. I hate clutter and can easily throw stuff out but it's getting motivated to do that...

Maggie said...

Very good question on the socks. Let me know.

On the music players? What is annoying is that even if the song is great, when you click to leave a comment, the music stops, then when you go back to start reading, it starts again...over and over.

So, that doesn't fit the categories, but that's my experience. It just depends on the site and how much people like to comment as to whether or not I'd use one. I read some blogs with long, meaningful posts, and the music puts you in the mood and the song lasts a while...otherwise, I find them "noise" when I came to the computer to read...for quiet.

I also have my own music playing...two at one time isn't fun.

If my husband goes to bed and is sleeping, it kicks on at times before I remember to turn down the speakers, and that's a bit annoying.

So, I don't know. I do love the music and exposing people to it, but there are some flaws.

Anonymous said...

I think if you right click on the comment link (or any other link)and open it in a new window, then the music will keep playing because the original window will stay open.