Monday, August 13, 2007

what was I thinking?

I don't know why I brought Sunrise, a Karen Kingsbury book to work to read on my lunch. I don't know what I was thinking!

If you read KK, you know what I mean. I had to stop. I would've gone back to work looking like my best friend died or something, and having to field questions of, "Is everything okay? What's wrong?"

I get involved in the story, and I have to carry it everywhere with me. I can't wait till I have another minute where I can pick it up to see what is happening with my "friends." I know it sounds lame..."hee hee, most of your friends are in a book," but if you've read any of her books, you'll know what I mean!

Karen creates such realistic characters that you start to think about them as if you know them. I can't wait to find out if John and Elaine are going to be more than friends, and if Katy and Dayne will keep their event a secret. And what about CKT? What will happen there? (I'm trying not to leave any spoilers, friends.)

So I'm waiting till I get home ... I'll be burning the midnight oil tonight again. I can see that already.

4 comments:

Miss Paula said...

Silly girl!! I am the same way. I get so caught up in the lives of characters. I thought I was the only one.

Here is a question for you!! When a character lives in a different part of the US or another country, do you give that person an accent when you read??

I do, my DH doesn't!!!

I won't give anything away. I am waiting to read the next one!!

daisyaday said...

That's a great question! I don't think I do. In fact, if they write it in, I'm quite distracted by it. You know, if they write the words the way they sound when the character speaks them as opposed to the way they are actually spelled, it takes away from the flow of the story.

Suzanne Eller (Suzie) said...

Authors love it when you say things like this. : )

Suzanne Eller

Susanne said...

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know that it's PARTY TIME over at my blog! Swing by and check it out!!!