Tuesday, August 21, 2007

you're meeting people off the INTERNET??

So I got this email from Norah, who I met through blogging. She was in town, she said, and did we want to meet for coffee! Having chatted online back and forth, I felt like I already knew her, so we had the pleasure of making a coffee date with Norah and her husband.

My children were not impressed. "You're meeting who?? How do you know she isn't some crazy psycho woman?" LOL

I was a little nervous on the way there! My honey says to me, "Is it just me, or does this feel a little awkward?" Then, "Do we even know what they look like?"

I just laughed. "We'll figure it out when we get there. We'll just look for someone our age who looks Finnish."

"Well, what if everyone in the place is our age?"

But we found them right away. It was like recognizing a sister. What a sweet couple! We had a lovely visit, and the time flew. It seemed like we no sooner got there than it was time to go again. I hope we'll do it again soon! Who knew that starting a simple blog would be the start of meeting such nice people?

A huge thank you to you, Norah, for taking the initiative, and here's to safe travels, you two.

3 comments:

Miss Paula said...

What fun! Did you take any photo's?

daisyaday said...

Aawww, I didn't. I didn't think to bring the camera! Well, if you and I ever meet IRL, we'll both have to wear our favorite Crocs and take pictures!

Norah said...

Hey, Daisy!

It was nice to meet the two of you, I'm glad we decided to do that! It does seem kinda crazy, doesn't it lol.. if our kids told us they were meeting someone they met on the internet we'd most likely say the same thing!

We had a busy/fun time while we were down there, it always goes by too fast it seems. As you know, all of our kids/grandkids live quite near you and we are there pretty often for short visits.. this time was a bit longer and that was great. Took the grandkids horseback riding and that was sooo fun to watch them.

Well, better fly here and get laundry done!

(good to know you had a day to recover from your grandbabes as well :-)..

talk soon!