Monday, September 24, 2007

running on batteries

I spent my Sunday afternoon/evening at the emergency room, waiting, and waiting, and waiting...poor ChiChi boy (that's our nickname for my grandbaby X-man) wasn't feeling good, and I brought his mom and him to get him checked out.

He wasn't bleeding, he didn't have any bones sticking out of his body, and he wasn't having trouble breathing, so I think they just tended to him in between their more serious emergencies. I think we were there almost eight hours. It was crazy.

I know his mom barely got any sleep Friday or Saturday night because he was up crying half the night. I still have vivid memories of being up with sick kids, and I can even remember thinking that I was never ever going to get to sleep all the way through the night again. Ever.

I wanted her to be able to take a nap on Sunday, and I was going to watch X-man while she did. However, we didn't get home until after nine, so she had to eat and go right home.

You stay up half the night, and then you still have to drag yourself through the next day, trying to stay alert.

I hope you got some sleep last night, but if you didn't, I just wanna offer some hope...it does get better, D-momma. It just takes a while.

3 comments:

Miss Paula said...

Our sleep may improve but never our concern!! We will be mom until the end!!

daisyaday said...

Oh, that's so true! And as the kids get bigger, so do their problems. I used to be able to fix almost anything with a listening ear and a snuggle on my lap. Somehow, that just doesn't seem to do it the way it used to.

You move from directing their lives, to teaching them how to do things, to coaching from the sidelines, watching them fly, cheering them on as they go.

Miss Paula said...

A cut on the knee was a piece of cake wasn't it??