Sunday, September 2, 2007

to sleep or not to sleep

I was just thinking about the upcoming hunting season, and knowing that I may be sleeping alone for a few nights, I came up with this proposal. I told my honey that he could not die first, because I wasn't going to get used to sleeping alone. In fact, if he was gone and the kids were moved out, I don't think I'd ever sleep at night again!

I'd have to get a night job so I wouldn't be at home at night. I'd sleep during the day. I just don't think I could do it. Either that or I'd have to find a nice widow who wants a roommate.

It's so funny. If there are people at home, I go outside at night and don't think anything of it. If I'm the only one home, I don't go out after dark. It's totally a mind thing, and I know that. But it doesn't change the fact of how I feel.

I've never lived alone in my life. I think that would be the hardest thing for me to get used to. What a morbid topic, huh? But seriously. I moved from high school to getting married, and when I got divorced, I had a houseful of kids. Now I'm married again, but the kids are getting older. It won't be more than a handful of years before they find places of their own.

I've got it...I'll move in with one of them! Hurray! I have the answer. (Yeah, right! Until I tell them, and they'll move with no forwarding address!)

4 comments:

Miss Paula said...

I used to be like that. But I am rarely alone in the house, so I treasure the times by myself even at night!! It's not too bad. But not the roommate, they will have quirky habits that will drive you crazy....better rethink that idea!!!

daisyaday said...

I know...I do treasure the alone times cuz I have the same situation. I'm rarely alone at home.

It's just the nights that creep me out.

Rosemarie said...

Matthew 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

God has your back, sleep, and provision. Amen!
Growing with Julia

d.t.x. said...

You can move in with me. I won't change my address. : )