Tuesday, September 4, 2007

weekend in review

Labor Day weekend was quite peaceful, but it ended with a hustle-bustle BBQ that brought back memories of how weekends used to be. Most of the kids were home, and other family members came over and hung out with us, too! I think we had about sixteen people crammed in our little house. The noise level was at an all-time high, but it was just so fun to have them all there.

I love that they come back and just hang out. I don't have the energy that I used to have, but it's okay to let other people pitch in and help, too. I need to get over thinking that I'm the only one who can do things.

T-boy and D-boy burned off some energy shooting hoops in the back yard because Grampa lowered the B-ball hoop for them so they at least have a little hope of hitting it. :) I remember when he first did that, and he was out there shooting with the boys, they had a grand time. Grampa shot and missed one, and T-boy says, "Grampa, you ain't got no skills!" We laughed ourselves silly.

No comments: