Tuesday, October 9, 2007

inside out and upside down

Ooooh, I got home today, and my honey had all the windows in the house open, airing out the place, he said.

Brrrrrrr! I think it was colder in the house than it was outside. I don't know how that is possible, but it's true. It was only about 60° in the house. Perhaps the cold froze his internal thermometer...I'm not sure. You would think that at the very least the ups and downs of our thermometers could be synchronized...but NO! When I'm cold, that's when he's happy to sleep with snow falling on his head. When I'm sweating bullets, he's got two blankets on. Go figure!

So anyway, I dug out my long sleeve turtleneck and my warm jeans and changed my clothes so I could stay warm until he was satisfied that the house was sufficiently aired out. All of a sudden, the back of my neck felt like there were a dozen needles poking into it. The tag! I HATE tags!!

I went flying into the bedroom to find a pair of scissors, fingernail clippers, anything! The clippers didn't work. The tag was too thick. I finally found a pair of scissors, but the tag was sewn too tightly to the sweater. I couldn't get it all. I tried it on again. Aauuugh! Itch!

I took it back off, cut off every little strip and corner that I could, but it still wasn't enough. The heck with it. I turned my sweater inside out and marched out into the other room. Perfect! No itch, no freeze.

What was the first thing my honey noticed? "Your shirt's inside out."

I smirked. "Yeah?"

"Well?" Eyebrows raised.

I pouted. "I don't care. It itches."

"You're going to the store like that?"

Mmm hmmm. I went to the store like that.

Hey. What did I have to lose? I'm not a celebrity, so no paparazzi are going to be chasing me to take humiliating pictures. Most people, if they even notice, will assume that I did it unintentionally, and they'll be too polite to mention it. If anyone does try to give me a quiet heads up that I'm a little exposed on the seam side, I'll just smile and sweetly say, "I know."

They won't even know where to go with that.

Tags: 0
Me: 1

3 comments:

d.t.x. said...

I can't believe that you were cold. That strikes me as funny. Usually when it is 60 degrees out you have the a/c on. Aye yie yie.

Susiem083 said...

You are so funny!!! I'm cold today too!

Miss Paula said...

I HATE TAGS TOO!!! I am so glad that some makers have come out with printing them in the fabric. When I went to Louisiana to help with Katrina we stayed at a church. I walked around in the evening with my pj shirt inside out. You know how many of my friends told me my tag was out in that 10 days??? I didn't care either.