Friday, October 19, 2007

lesson learned, for now

This is a lesson I've learned over and over, but somehow I always think it will be different the next time.

Never, never cook things when you are trying to do something else besides.

I was cooking a late-night snack of a grilled cheese sandwich and reading blogs at the same time. "I'll remember to go turn the sandwich," I thought to myself.

The smell of burning bread reminded me I was getting sidetracked. I jumped right up out of my chair, the blog I was reading still hanging in limbo on the monitor. I flipped the sandwich over even though it was burnt, AND STUPIDLY WENT BACK TO FINISH READING with the same idea--I'll be right back, Mr. Sandwich. Don't burn on the other side. Just wait for me. Whatever.



I'm now crunching a tasteless charred cheese sandwich, mainly because Mr. Finicky the dog wasn't interested in it and I was too lazy to make another one.

Multitasking is not for everyone, particularly those obsessed by interested in blogging.

4 comments:

daisymarie said...

I always think I can do more than is best...and end up chewing on the burnt edges....Empathy comin atcha!

Becky K. said...

Oh my! I have been there!
Becky K.

.: Brandy :. said...

That seems to be my problem too. I try to do something along with blog reading. Doesn't happen. Usually it ends with hubby saying...Can U PLEASE stop going back in forth to the computer and just finish one thing at a time....I don't want to eat charcoal again for dinner, Thanks!

But he just doesn't get the blogging thing...he's male.

d.t.x. said...

I was cooking bacon the other day and most pieces ended up being burnt because I was sidetracked. My husband said, "Do you need me to teach you how to cook bacon?" I said No, I just need you to cook it all the time. Hee Hee.