Tuesday, October 23, 2007

my friends live in a box

G-girl has the entire ten seasons of Friends. She bought them a little at a time when she was working last summer. Yep. Guess what I'm watching these days when I can squeeze a little bit of it in.

When I first watched it, I thought they were some of the dumbest people EVER. That's my usual reaction to most sitcoms. Then the girls would drag me into their room to see a funny part, and finally, I was hooked.

Well, I have Season One at my desk, and I watch it on my lunch hour, sometimes, when I'm caught up with DWTS. G-girl and I ride together three days a week, and I was leaving my office the other day with her. I was chuckling about what I had watched that day. Without thinking, I waved one hand at the PC and in the manner of Margaret Wise Brown's Goodnight Moon, I said, "Bye, Friends."

G-girl couldn't believe her ears. "What did you just say? Did you just say, Bye, friends?" She was laughing hysterically.

Busted! I felt like the little kid whose mom finds out that she has an imaginary pal. I was a little sheepish, but hey. You take your friends where you can get them, even if they do live in a little box in the drawer!

1 comment:

Rosemarie said...

Cute! :)