Tuesday, November 6, 2007

finishing off the day

I didn't finish my list. But I cooked two meals from scratch: Autumn Butternut Chicken for lunch and Stuffed Shells for G-girl's birthday dinner. And brownies for dessert. Those were from a box, though. But not from the freezer.

The Butternut Chicken was just okay. It wasn't that great. The recipe was on the grocery store ad. I think they just print those on there so you buy the ingredients to make the stuff. But it sure beat peanut butter and jelly for lunch.

And the other thing I got done was some smoothing on the mudded walls in the living room. One of my coworkers suggested trying a wet sponge to smooth things out instead of sandpaper--that was a great suggestion! It worked like...oh, I don't know. It worked like a key in a well-oiled lock. It was slick!

But oh, my achin' body. I am not used to being that active. Sad, but true. I took some ibuprofen before I started working. My ex-boss said that if he took three ibuprofen BEFORE he went to play racquetball, he was never sore the next day. But if he didn't take any, he could barely walk the day after he played. So we'll see if it works tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. If I remember. Heh.

The pièce de résistance of the entire day, though, was when I was getting up this morning. Even though I didn't have to work today, I got up to make sure the girls were up for school. I was sitting on the edge of the bed, and I heard plastic bags rustling over by the closet. Thinking that one of the cats must have been behind my boxes, I looked over there...just in time to see the entire black hole avalanche down onto the floor! It had tipped forward just a bit, tilted slightly to one side, and floomped! in one swift slide, and instantly, there was no remaining floor to be seen between the bed and the closet!

I had stacked everything from the bed last night into a delicately balanced pile that reached all the way up to the closet bar. So much for that. I have since picked up and folded each and every piece of clean clothing that was in that pile. I'm debating if I'm going to put them away tonight, or if I'm going to create another pile. The later it gets, the less chance that I'll be putting them away. :)

They got put away. Yip pee. My energy is draining away...I can scarcely form words...good night.

1 comment:

Miss Paula said...

It looks like you are almost finished!! That's great!!! Then you have time to relax and do what you really want to do!!