Wednesday, November 14, 2007

just another day...

Today was a typical day for me, full of distractions and things gone awry.

I got up this morning and felt terrible. It might have been something I ate. I decided to go in to work a little late, and I went back to bed. Too quickly, it was time to get up. I shoulda gone in at the regular time 'cause I still didn't feel any better.

I have PMS, only it's like on steroids or something. I am twitchy and CRAB-BY!

My honey asked me what was wrong. When I said, "NOTHING," he said I should express whatever is on my mind. It's better to get it out, he told me, than to hang on to it and create resentment. He likes me spunky, he said. Welllll, I just have a strong feeling that this TOM (time of the month) is not the time to do that. Things would probably come out of my mouth with a little more...force than necessary. Overkill, you might say. I think I'll pass on that for now. I'll just grit my teeth and paste a smile on my face. Except he has a killer fake-smile detector.

Then today at work, one of the students brought in a little Yorkie named Murph to the office, but he wasn't looking so good. I don't think the car ride agreed with little Murph. One of the girls was holding Murph when he decided it was time to throw up. The girl put him down pretty quickly, and as Murph's owner was cleaning that up, he decided to relieve himself from the other end as well, leaving a little pile of fragrant brown doo on the rug. Oh, just lovely. Time to disappear back into my office. That just reinforces my resolution of no new pets! Uh uh.

I got home, got ready to make pancakes, and of course! The buttermilk had gone bad. Just my luck. Apparently it's been sitting in the fridge for about SIX WEEKS. Who would remember that? It expired the day before Halloween. Of course, how do you really tell when buttermilk goes bad? Maybe if it has a green sweater growing on it or something. The pancakes would just be extra tangy, wouldn't they? Mold is poisonous, you say? Whatever. So, a change of plans for dinner again. I guess I can be flexible. We'll have cottage cheese pancakes instead. We haven't had those for ages.

I'd like to go to bed early tonight, but I can already think of several things that need to be done tonight. It's not going to be an early night...too bad...grumbling under my breath. Grrr!

Maybe I need to talk to God about my attitude. I don't seem to be making any headway myself; maybe He can help. Pray for me! I need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

Brandie said...

It appears that you and I fell victim to the same TOM. I feel your pain. It'll get better!