Sunday, November 4, 2007

one more thing before I go to bed

I've been debating if I should stop checking books out from the library for a while. You see, I check out a huuuuuge stack of them every week or so. I bring them home. I set them down in a place where no one will trip over them. I have the best intentions of reading them ALL before they are due again. I usually read ONE at a time, and with the time that I have to read books, it takes me forever. By the time they are due, I have usually only read a couple of them. I have almost always misplaced one or two of them, and I end up paying overdue fines on them. I need to stop the madness! I should stop checking books out for a while, and read the ones I own at home.

Well, that all sounds fine and good, but, and it's a big but, I am hooked on being able to get all these fine books I read about when I'm blogging. I can check them out for FREE! That free thing always catches me. Unfortunately, I don't get them READ. And I have to pay for them when they're late. I don't like it. Not a bit. So I'm seriously debating this.

On Saturday, I stopped at a garage sale. The lady was selling her stuff, cleaning (weeding out) her house "Clean Sweep" style. Two bucks for this, a buck for that. She brings out a huge box of books. How much? A quarter/fifty cents each! She has my taste in reading! She had dozens of books I had not read yet, and she recommended a bunch of them. So I came home with a bag full of new authors and new books to read. And I don't have to worry about returning them on time, cuz they're all mine! They cannot cost me any more money. Hooray!

You may see them on a Pay it Forward post in the future if I give them away. I'm trying to hold things loosely now, and not have so much STUFF accumulate in my house! Although, if you would see my bedroom tonight, you would have some doubts about that! The bed is piled high with junk, clothes, stuff to go through...aauuuugh! It's baaaack. (the black hole. shhhh.)

If I sneak up on it quietly and attack it before it knows what is happening, I might win. If not, and you don't hear from me for a while, it might have gotten me! In which case, send out a search party! But hold hands, so you don't get sucked in, too.

3 comments:

Karla said...

Thanks for visiting my blog last week during the Fall Y'all Bloggy Giveaway tour. I'll be giving away another book this week, so stop by again for another chance to win!

Karla @ Ramblin' Roads

Becky K. said...

Those aren't fines...they are contributions...tee-hee! At least that is always what I tell myself.

I hear you! I do the same thing! Then I stop going for a while...but it always draws me back.
Becky K.

Miss Paula said...

Juliana, I like the smell and feel of a brand new book! Besides I think I owe the library and I am afraid to go!! Shame on me!

How about our little circle of bloggers share books. The only books I keep are the Amish ones otherwise I would have books everywhere. But if we could ask for a book and someone had it why couldn't we pass it along. I am sure that Mrs. Rabe from Creekside Cottage and Becky from Hospitality Lane might join in! There might be others!!