Wednesday, November 7, 2007

seven quirky things

I've been tagged by .:B HappyGirl:. for this meme. The deal is you write seven quirky things about yourself, and tag seven other people to do the same. Easy peasie! I have plenty of weirdness to talk about. I'm not so hot on the tagging people thing, but if you'd like to play, too, please consider yourself tagged! Just leave me a comment so I can come enjoy your weirdness! LOL

So, here goes.

1. I love things to be organized, but my house is anything but organized. I'm a perfectionist, but I procrastinate at doing things, because if I don't have time to do things perfectly, I don't do them at all. At work, however, my office is completely organized and clean. I have fewer "things" and more "aways" in which to put my things. It's impossible to put everything away unless you have enough "aways". "Aways" are good. That might explain my fascination with all things related to organization. Boxes, totes, drawers, shelves, you name it. But sometimes they just sit there empty while I admire them. I will often move them from place to place, just to figure out what to do with them.

2. I can't sleep if I have socks on. I hate wearing socks. The only problem is that your feet smell if you're not careful to switch up the shoes you wear. Bleah.

On a side note, my cat Franklin carries socks around the house in his mouth and me-rows through the socks. Thinking that it's stuck on his teeth, I go to help him. Then and only then, he drops it and waits smugly for me to pet him.

3. I think it's fair to say that my pet peeve is people not picking up or cleaning up after themselves. The quirky part is that I don't do it either! (Don't pick up after myself. Maybe I should change that...huh.) Oh, I also really hate when people don't put the toilet paper on the holder with the end coming off the front.

4. The most boring thing I do in my day is take a shower. Of course maybe procrastinating on that contributes to the smelly feet thing. Eeee-yew.

5. We don't try to get rid of squirrels, chipmunks and rabbits--we FEED them! I beg my honey to leave a nice brush pile in the yard every year so the rabbits and other critters have a place to hide from the dogs and cats that roam the neighborhood. I draw the line at rats, though.

6. I hate making time to exercise, but once I actually am doing it, I love it.

7. Once I get into bed at night, I settle myself and get comfortable. If I have to get up and do anything (like feed the dog or get a drink of water), it's almost impossible for me to get comfortable again. I have to thrash around for a while to find that comfy spot. I fling my covers up in the air several times to try and straighten them out so I don't have too much covering my feet or have them too far up my neck. I have to adjust my pillow several (dozen) times, and huff and puff mightily (as if that helps), before I can settle down again. Are you feeling sorry for my husband yet? I am. It's just much better if I don't have to get up after I lay down.

5 comments:

Miss Paula said...

I am wearing socks with my flip flops right now. A real fashion plate!!

daisymarie said...

I think it might be easier to list the non-quirky things about me...but I will try this later on...

Jacki said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog last week during the giveaway! It is good to meet new people. I love your blog template...it is very serene and beautiful.

.: B :. said...

Wasn't that fun!

I can't sleep in socks either and I.hate.exersize!

Mrs. D said...

Pets always have a way of getting what they want, don't they? : )