Saturday, November 24, 2007

slowly recovering

Dinner with the family on Thanksgiving Day was fun, and the house was so lively it was just bubbling over. I think if you would have been standing outside, the windows would have been bulging in and out because of all the energy inside. Only one of the kids didn't make it, and even with all the commotion, he and his family were missed. But the one thing that I don't think worked so well was splitting up the food menu. I still ended up with over half the list to do myself only because I kept thinking of things to add that I could make. When we do our Christmas dinner, I'll try again.

Yesterday, on "Black Friday," my honey and I did a little shopping for the grandbabies, but NOT at the crack of dawn. I thought about doing that, but old age kicked in and I just stayed in bed. I did the early morning shopping thing one year...it's not all it's cracked up to be. I might have gone over to Old Navy Thursday night if I had thought about it, if I hadn't been so tired. They were giving away wristbands to the first people who were standing in line. If you had one and you spent only $20, you got a free MP3 player. Pretty cool marketing gig, if you ask me.

Actually, by the time we went in the afternoon, it was just like a normal shopping day, and we still found everything we had on our list. We had some dinner out, brought little D's mama a birthday card, came home, and watched the movie we bought on sale: Santa Clause 3, the Escape Clause. Not bad at all, for another sequel. I liked it a lot. It had a slight shade of "It's a Wonderful Life." I'm a sucker for a happy ending, and that's all the spoilers you're going to get out of me.

Oh! And I got my hair cut! That's like an early Christmas present because I'm just so happy about it! It doesn't look scraggly anymore, and I LOVE having it up off my neck again. Crysta does such a great job on it. She came highly recommended by my friend Megan, who was absolutely right about her!

No comments: