Monday, November 5, 2007

what I'm doing today

Today is a free day! Yippee!

By that, I mean that I don't have any obligations to anyone. I took the day off work. My kids are in school or gone. My hubby is gone hunting. The animals are fed, watered, pottied, and content. Me? I'm cleaning my little brains out.

Go figure. I could do anything at all, and I'm cleaning! Huh. It's like I have a split personality or something. It's the only explanation. LOL.

Here's what I've done so far:

  • Cleaned the bathroom (the toilet, the floor, the sink AND the nasty, yukky tub)
  • Cleaned the stove top, burner grates and burner plates
  • Cleaned the oven
  • Cleaned the oven racks
  • Scrubbed my counters
  • Cleaned the microwave
  • AND did all the dishes!

** a side note here...did you know? You can clean your burner plates and oven racks by putting them in a big garbage bag, pouring in a cup of plain old ammonia and tying the bag shut. Just let them sit overnight, and when you take them out in the morning, you can almost just rinse them clean!! It's better than magic! **

And by the time I'm done with everything today, I hope to get the rest of these things checked off my list:

  • Scrub the kitchen floor
  • Clean under the fridge (yukkk!)
  • Finish switching out my summer/winter clothes
  • Find the kids' boots in the garage for when they need them
  • Pick up the garden decorations and critters and put them away for the season
  • Put the yard furniture away
  • Throw away the broken totes and coolers (halfway done)
  • Clean and organize the deck

If I get that done and I'm still standing, I'm going to scrapbook. Wanna take any bets that I make it that far? I'm optimistic, but I'm going to need to stay focused. So I have to get off this computer and get moving!!

How's your Monday going?

2 comments:

Miss Paula said...

You can do it!!! Don't stop at the computer and you can get it all finished!!! Once you're here, you're hooked!!! LOL

.: B :. said...

You have been tagged!

Check out my blog to find out!