Thursday, November 29, 2007

what was that again?

So I hear that Christina Aguilera is pregnant. And when she was interviewed about it, she said that when she and her husband decided they were ready to try to have a baby, she stopped her birth control, and before she even expected it, bada bing! There she was, pregnant. Cool! I'm excited for her.

She didn't announce it to her fans right away, not because she was trying to hide anything, but because she didn't "want to make her fans uncomfortable." She adds: "Because I hadn't said anything, people thought I was trying to keep it this big, bad secret, and that's not the case at all. I just wasn't commenting. I'm not being like, `Hey everybody, I'm pregnant!' I'm not that girl."

On the very same page I read this article about her was a shot of the front cover of Marie Claire, where Christina was baring her belly, and certain other suggestive parts of herself...well, let me just say that it looked a lot more appropriate for certain other magazines.

Do a search if you're interested. I didn't post it here because, well, frankly, it makes me uncomfortable because this is a family-friendly blog. But I thought the irony was perfect! Here she is...I'm not a "hey everyone I'm pregnant" kind of girl, but yes I will let it all hang out for the world to see.

And she didn't want to make her audience uncomfortable by announcing that she and her husband were going to have a baby. But apparently her audience will be perfectly fine with the fact that she's doing a partial nude shot on the front cover of a national magazine. I'm not quite sure about the reasoning of all that, but I think it has something to do with marketing!!!

No comments: