Tuesday, December 4, 2007

can I just clone myself? and my car?

I hate when I do this to myself. About three months ago, I signed up for a class that ends tomorrow. Didn't write it down...I figured they'd send me a reminder, plus tomorrow is the last night of class, so I'd for sure be there. It starts at 5:30.

About a month ago, I scheduled a dentist appointment. For tomorrow afternoon. At 3:30. That means I have to leave work by 2:30 to make sure I'm not late. Gee rides with me, but she isn't done until 3:15. That is no surprise--it's been her schedule all semester. Yet, the appointment at 3:30...

Then, Gee usually uses the car on Wednesday evenings at 5:30. And my faithful honey, who usually bails me out of these jams I get myself into, has another engagement at that time. I just want to throw my hands up in the air, run screaming into my bedroom, and stay in bed tomorrow! Why, oh why, don't I use a calendar? Keeping my options open so loses its appeal at times like this.

5 comments:

Alicia said...

I know what you mean...sometimes we book ourselves to the bitter end and dont know what to do!!! I HAVE to have my planner calendar or I dont know what is going on!! I have done this before....just breath....I am sure you will laugh at it in a week!!

daisyaday said...

Thanks Alicia. A planner is looking pretty good right about now. :) Only I'm afraid I'd lose it somewhere. I've been trying to start keeping reminders in my online email calendar...I can't lose the internet. It's bigger than my house. Ha!

Alicia said...

haha! I have misplaced my calendar a few times and let me tell you I was lost and frazzled!!! haha Internet would be a good idea too!!

Becky K. said...

Oh my, the pickles we get ourselves into. I am a prefessional at that.
So, how did it all work out?
Becky K.

daisyaday said...

Gee borrowed her boyfriend's car for her evening run, he picked her up from school--what a sweetie he is--, and I just drove myself back and forth like a yo-yo.