Tuesday, December 18, 2007

why blog about it?

An anonymous visitor posted a comment with a question that really made me think: Why do I blog about my life?

I wanted to address this with a reply here, and maybe see what you other bloggers have to say about why you blog! This was posted on an earlier post, however, the content seems to be directed at a conglomeration of my posts.


By reading your blogs, I maybe reading them wrong. But I feel you have a lot of resentment towards the church or certain people. Why do you blog about it? I am not familiar with the group at all. It sounds like you have a lot of guilt over your divorce. You blame it on the church. Isn't life based on what decisions you make in life. I don't think the church has a rule that says you have to marry at that age. Maybe you weren't mature enough? You couldn't provide for your children sometimes...kids are going to remember happy times and memories, and love in the family. Did you and your spouse have a good relationship and did it show to the kids? Did you work on that relationship? I think there is more to your blog than you are letting on.

So this is my response...


This is great! Thank you for your comments.

Why do I blog about it? Because I can. And because it helps me process things that have happened to me so I can look at my past objectively and gain a bigger perspective.

And thankfully, I think I can say today that I do not hold resentment towards the church or certain people. I know that I did at one time, but time plus distance has allowed that to subside. Literally through the grace of God, I have let go of my anger and resentment. I've learned that I can be compassionate and concerned for them, instead. It's much more productive, and way easier on me.

What do you feel I am blaming on the church? I don't understand your comment about that. I don't think I said that. I think you may be, indeed, misreading.

I also don't think I said the church has a rule about marriage. In fact, I don't think they will say they have rules about anything. Their rules are implied and encouraged, but unwritten. I am speaking in general about what I experienced and what I observed.

I do know that I'm not the only one who has experienced similar feelings...maybe you could visit
the extoots blog to read more from other ex-members if you're interested.

Actually the only regret I have about getting divorced is the effects it had on my children. But if I were in the same situation, I would do the same thing again. In a heartbeat.

And yes, there is lots more to my blog, so c'mon back and have a little more conversation! Don't be shy!


For me, blogging is a way to express my thoughts, connect with others, and learn about new perspectives. It's interactive to a point, and yet we can take the time to consider what we want to say before we blurt it out in an indiscriminate brain burp. Although that happens sometimes, too! Heh!

Writing is therapeutic for me. I've been blogging for almost a year now, and it's been so much fun! Why do YOU blog? Any regrets about blogging?

2 comments:

tristymom said...

I blog to get my words out. I blog to connect. I blog because sometimes I want to tell something but not to my friends. Sometimes I blogso people will read it.

I like when I make people laugh

Becky K. said...

I am new to blogging and am still trying to figure out the purpose for me. I love to read my past posts because it is almost like a diary. I can see what I was thinking or feeling on any given day in the past.
My weakness is wanting to get feedback and that I care too much about what people think.
Isn't it an interesting world? This blog world...
Becky K.