Friday, January 4, 2008

all good things come to an end

Two weeks of not working have gone by, and nothing significant has been accomplished. Can you believe that? When I'm at work, I always think that if only I didn't have to sit at work all day, I could get SO many things done at home. Well, I've come to the conclusion that it only works if you are at home ALONE!

If I am home during the day and there are other people in the house, it is a sure fire guarantee that I will become distracted and get NOTHING done that I want done. Do I sound like I'm whining? I probably am.

Let me think about what got done...maybe I can cheer myself up a little.

Christmas Eve dinner got done...that and shopping took up about three days. Grocery shopping, cooking meals, having my honey's family all over one day--prep for that took a couple of days. Oh! Playing with little X-man and baby Del. That was FUN. I put the Christmas decorations away tonight.

I'm going to scrapbook this weekend. Cooking is going to be limited to crockpot recipes or something that my honey cooks. I have some grand ideas for a Christmas book. I have to make good use of my Cricut, and of the Christmas pack of paper I bought. If I get any pages finished that I really like, I'll post a snapshot. I'm too much of a perfectionist. It takes me FOREVER to get anything in a book.

Perfectionism and procrastination. WHAT a combination!

No comments: