Friday, January 18, 2008

it seems like only yesterday

Three hundred sixty-five days have gone by since my first blog post. Right now those are only words, because I'm exhausted and crabby. Whoops, make that CRABBY in capital letters. I'm ready to fall into bed and sleep for a week, except I have too much to do.

But wait a sec. Let me think about it here...thumbs up or thumbs down on the blogging

I started out wanting to do lots more digital scrapbooking than I actually did. Not so great.

I wanted to keep a log of things that happened over the year--I did that. Yes!

I wanted to share funny things that happened--I did.

I wanted to meet other bloggers--I have, both virtually and IRL.

Blogging has become part of my daily life, part of my connection to the world, part of what I share with my friends and family. Blogging is how I relax, let off steam, share little things that crack me up, and entertain myself.

I've done mini workshops on how to create a blog. I joined a group blog. I share my thoughts about faith on my blog, and I've learned a little something here and there about other people's faith on their blogs. I almost, but not quite, experienced the Deeper Still (Christian women's conference) through their blog. That is actually what made me decide to find a way to attend one of the next ones--maybe the one in September in Las Vegas. That would be SO MUCH FUN!

I learned about discretion, and about how small the internet really is. :) I've probably embarrassed my children on my blog. Heck, I've probably embarrassed myself on my blog. Most of all, if I haven't already mentioned it, I've gotten to indulge my desire to write. Blogging has enriched my life.

I think I'll keep going for at least another year!

No comments: