Wednesday, January 2, 2008

it's almost time again--wheeeee!!

Oh, I'm almost beside myself with delight when I think of it. GUESS WHAT'S ALMOST HERE AGAIN! I'm going to be unbearable and monopolize the TV two nights a week. Do you know what time it almost is? AMERICAN IDOL time!!

I'm a geek, but I'm hooked. And, AND, DWTS (Dancing With the Stars) is doing that spin off show in January as well. What's that Bruno (I was thinking Nigel) vs. what-the-heck-was-her-name dancing and singing contest show? Oh, fiddle, I heard her name every week when DTWS was on. They always said her first and last name...oh, I don't know. Carrie Ann something. See how you get when you get old? See what you have to look forward to?

Gee tells me that I just need to exercise my brain more and I'll be fine. That's easy for HER to say. She's never been like me. I've always been like me--scatterbrained. She even has a DS (handheld) game called Brain Age that gives you different kinds of memory and thinking games to exercise your brain.

It must be nice to be eighteen and be so smart. Hope she gets her education and gets a good job before she forgets everything she knows! Ha!

I think I just want to remember what nights I need to go straight home so I don't miss my show. I'm too tired to play elaborate brain games. It's enough brain exercise to get everything on the grocery list that I need for two weeks worth of meals, and to remember to balance my checkbook after I go grocery shopping. I don't have to buy little go-go-gadgets for that.

Dance War. That's what it is--the Carrie Ann and Bruno thing. I had to look it up online. January 7th! Mark your calendars, people! That's only FIVE days away!!! Hyperventilating now.

4 comments:

Becky K. said...

I enjoy American Idol...after they get through the humiliation part.

We watch it every week as a family.
The kids often have different favorites so it gets fun.
Becky K.

daisymarie said...

I'm with you on the Idol. I'm also sort of hooked on Biggest Loser...I wish it was because it was motivating me...

Karen said...

And then in March it's a new Dancing with the Stars! (I'm not sure how I got hooked on that show. Can you believe I am actually considering taking a dance lesson? I must be crazy!)

daisyaday said...

I know! Sitcoms have no appeal for me, and shows like CSI don't grab me, either right now. I don't know why. These reality shows are my thing, I guess.

I've taken a few ballroom dance lessons--fun, fun, fun! If you have the right teacher. Try to get a sample lesson, or sit and watch a couple of them. And a new DWTS? How cool. You know, they have a PS3 DWTS game that is like Dance Dance Revolution. I haven't seen it, but I've heard about it. Good exercise, I bet.

I haven't watched the Biggest Loser show--YET--but have you watched Big Medicine on TLC? That one is motivating for me. Yikes.

And yes, I like AI once they get past the part where they humiliate the off-the-wall people. That is just uncomfortable to watch, and worse, sometimes I want to laugh but it makes me feel creepy when I do. Ick.