Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year Wishes

Happy New Year! It's 2008--time to celebrate! I finished the work for all my classes. They were due last night at midnight...and as per usual, I turned the last of my work in at 10:57 pm. Why oh why do I do that to myself? I've had since the middle of September! Oh, well! It's DONE! HURRAY!

This is a good time of year for reflection and dreaming. I'm continuing this theme from my last post. I am borrowing Becky K's post, but of course, I don't do it the way I am supposed to either. But here I go.

I will come up with two wish lists-one that is materialistic and one that is spiritual. Here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with 5 gifts that they would want for the New Year.
2. People who are “CARDED” need to write their own Blog about their 5 things & post these rules.
3. At the end of your Blog, you need to choose 5 people to get “CARDED” and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a COMMENT telling them they’re “CARDED”, and to read your Blog.
5. You can abide by any of these rules you wish. I wish to break almost all the rules. I'm only making a list.

Materialistic Wish List--This year I want:

1. It's hard to think of things for just me. Most of the stuff I can think of would be for the house. Maybe some new work clothes would be nice.

2. To go to Deeper Still in Las Vegas this year

3. To get my living room finished and get my desk put together in there

4. New curtains all around--guess who's probably going to be sewing those.

5. To go on more scrapbooking retreats

Spiritual List--In 2008, I want:

1. To depend on the Lord for direction every day

2. To be a good ambassador for Jesus

3. For my desire to seek His face and spend time with Him to increase all year long

4. To find acceptance, gratitude and joy in my daily life

5. To read through the entire Bible this year--I'm following along with Engage the Journey

Okay, there it is. You can lift this if you like...leave me a comment so I can come read!

Oh, and one more thing! I used my Cricut again with some cardstock this time ... and ... IT WORKED! And I got to use my little handy-dandy tools to get the letters off Tacky Sheet. What fun.

Then I bought a new alphabet cartridge with my gift cards, AND a clearance Christmas Mat Stack. You know, one of those huge 12 x 12 stacks of paper, cardstock, cutouts and stickers all in one pad? Yeah, they only had a couple of them left. I'm going to have some more fun with my Cricut before I have to go back to work.

And did I tell you? I'm done with my classes!! Oh, yeah, I did. Well, it was worth saying again. Lots of yippee, there!

2 comments:

daisymarie said...

I think I'm about listed out...I wish I would have seen this before I did all the work I did... ")

My daughter is in to scrapbooking...I'm afraid to even look...giggles...like I need one more thing to start!

daisyaday said...

I know! I kind of got pulled into it, and now I have so many supplies I'd feel guilty if I didn't do it! But I have so much fun just collecting and organizing supplies. LOL.