Friday, February 8, 2008

finally, finally it's Friday

This week has just been so weird. I feel like the days flew by this week, but at the same time, Friday was taking forever to get here. Probably because I get to go spend Saturday with my twin playing house! I'm anxious to get the week over with. I'm not sure how I'm going to get my stuff done this weekend, but oh, well. A girl needs a break sometimes.

I have a ton of things that I need to get caught up on: cleaning the rabbit cage, cleaning the cat box, vacuuming the junk up off the floor, picking things up and putting them away. When it goes too long between cleaning, the junk kind of gets pushed to the outer perimeters of the room and builds up like crazy before you even realize it. Yes, I know, I know. It's disgusting. I hate thinking about it. I just realized that almost everything on my to do list is work of some kind. Mostly cleaning. Yuk. I detest cleaning almost as much as I detest cooking.

I don't know if that is PC information for Bloggityville. I seem to find lots of blogs of people who love to clean. I wish I could be more like that. Don't get me wrong. I love when my house is clean. I just hate being the one who has to make it that way.

Hey! This could be related to the "throwing things away" issues I have. I talked to someone today who knows a person who just loves to throw things away! There are people like that? I can't imagine. I clasp my things with both hands and a white-knuckled grip. I may not need them now, but by golly, if I need them five years from now, I want to have them!

Hmmm...if I learn to love throwing things away, I could easily have a more tidy house. It just stands to reason that there would be less "things" taking up space in my territory. Perfectly logical, yes? And completely illogically, I feel short of breath and my heart pounds when I think of tossing them out and opening my hands to just...let...go.

I'm imagining it. What your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve. Even if it makes me anxious and twitchy, I'm just going to focus on seeing it happening. Just... let... go...

No comments: