Thursday, February 28, 2008

a great big whew!

Oh, boy. Most of my American Idol favorites are safe for another week.

The Davids are safe, Chikezie is safe, and Carly, Ramiele, and Syesha are also safe to sing another week. Alaina went home...but like Paula said, it's not really an ending. It's just the beginning of her career. That girl is going places. At seventeen years old to know that you have this gift--wow.

At seventeen, I was engaged to be married. Looking back now, I can't believe it. But what did I know? When I was seventeen, I was as green as grass, and the only thing I knew was that I didn't know much.

She does not have to worry.

So I hate to tell you that watching AI is the only thing I really got accomplished today, if that's an accomplishment. I've got this horrible, knock-you-down, kick-your-butt kind of cold/virus/flu thing. Although perhaps it is not the flu. I did get a flu shot for the first time this year. And this is the sickest I've been in as many years as I can remember, probably all the way back to when E-girl was a baby. Last night I was FREEZING cold, even though I kicked the heat up and put an extra blanket on. Today it feels like the tropics. I'm sizzlin'!

So, I'm giving all these great new meds a shot. I'm alternating Airborne with Zicam, and I picked up some Mucinex DM at the store, too. I'm OD-ing on OJ, and washing my hands like mad every time I think of it. I'm still coughing up a lung about every five minutes.

When my fever is climbing, my head starts to feel like a drum. I can't pop my ears, and they feel like they are on the outside of a huge balloon that is ready to burst at any second. I bundle up, and then when it starts to break, I feel like I'm really in the rain forest, just a-sweatin' away. There's so much gunk in my chest that every time I breathe, I feel like I'm going to run out of breath coughing. This is day three. Watch me be sick all weekend! That would be par for the course.

I hate whining about being sick, but it's hard to think about anything else right now. So thank goodness for AI--at least I got to focus on something else for a little while. I missed the piece at the end where they were talking about what's up for next week, so I'll just have to wait and see.

And one more thing...I've made it to the end of Season 10 of Friends. It's the last one. And I cried, making my runny nose so much worse. But at least Rachel and Ross got back together. Yay! And I KNOW I've missed a bunch of stuff, because I watch the show as I'm going to sleep with the sleep timer on. I'm going to start back at the beginning again and watch it all the way through on spring break. How's THAT for a wild week?

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

Oh Daisy,

Feel better soon! My Mom is suffering something fierce too.

It could be the flu. They said they missed some strains in the vaccine this year. It sure sounds like the flu.

We are watching AI, as well. In fact we accidentally forgot to tape Lost because we taped AI last night.

Have a good one! Feel better!

Becky K.