Saturday, February 16, 2008

a happy birthday!

It was a very nice day for a birthday. Mugs came up today, and we went to see The Bucket List. Oh, I highly recommend it!! I will buy that movie when it comes out on DVD.

I knew I would probably cry kind of at the end just from what Gee said, so of course I was trying really hard not to. That was wasted effort on my part. Then I didn't even remember to bring Kleenex in with me. There's nothing worse than having a stuffy nose and then crying. The runny has no place to go but down the face. You can't sniff it in because your nose is so plugged. You have to blow it. It was a terrible quandary to be in. I didn't want to leave to get TP from the restroom because it was at such an intense part of the movie. Okay, time to move on and change the subject! Bleghhh!

J-man cleaned the house and did the dishes for a birthday gift, and gave me a little spending money to boot. I can't decide what to do with it, though. I already have the things I want. I have a great family who loves me, I get to spend time with them on a daily basis, I have enough of everything I need.

What a difference a few hormones make. If I were PMS-ing this week, I would have such a negative attitude. I just feel happy right now. Even though I feel like I'm getting sick. I told Em it was all her fault because she's been sick for three days. She got me sick, although she hasn't been out of bed much. Ha! It must have snuck up on me through the phone line.

Well, I might have turned 48, but I'm just a day older than I was yesterday. No big shakes. Thanks for all the good wishes. It was a beautiful day. Tomorrow--we scrap! YES!!

And just for a little fun to end the day, I found this typing test on Merrie's blog...

71 words
Touch Typing online

Have fun with that. I got stuck on it for about half an hour trying to improve my score.

7 comments:

Rosemarie said...

That was a HAPPY Birthday! :D

I have heard nothing but good stuff about that movie.

I type 54 word per minute—not bad for someone who hasn't been working [in an office] since 2003!

daisy said...

I agree--not bad at all!! I have to be honest...I think I got lots of short words that time, and that was the only time I scored that high.

Smellyann said...

Happy Birthday, Daisy!! Did you get your Booga Bag yet?? :) Smellyann

Kristi said...

I;m glad you had a great birthday. I haven't been sure if I wanted to see that movie or not. My husband and I have a standing argument about movies that make me cry. I don;t like movies that don't have "happy endings" and my husband says it doesn't matter as long as they are great movies.

Alicia said...

I trust that you had a wonderful birthday celebrating you! Happy belated!!

daisydreamer said...

Thanks for the movie review.
I really want to see that one.
Glad to hear your day was special!!!

daisy said...

The other one I really want to see is 27 Dresses. It sounds like a total chick flick. Fun!

And thanks, you guys, for stopping by and leaving your best wishes...I love every one of 'em!