Sunday, February 3, 2008

wild weekend

Have you ever heard the country song about a wild weekend? I call it the "Finally Friday" song. Well, I'm having a wild weekend, all right. It's the end of the month, and a bunch of the kids came over to do their taxes online. I think that TurboTax free filing thing is the greatest thing since cookies crumbled.

You enter the info, they do all the math, put all the numbers in the right places, and submit it online to boot. I don't know if I would do it that way if I had a bunch of complicated things to file, but for me, it's pretty simple. We have ours back already and it's already spent. The majority of it was spent on bills, but my honey and I each spent a small amount on ourselves...whatever we wanted.

I found quite a few clothes on clearance...some for as little as $3! Pants, shirts, capris...$3! And I found things that actually fit me well enough so that I didn't want to run screaming out of the dressing room. I really detest shopping for myself when it comes to clothes. I usually buy one or two things as I find them and as I need them. I'm not used to spending a bunch of money on myself at one time. It was actually stressful. I felt like my head was going to split in half down the middle when I was checking out! Ai yi.

But it was okay. And for whatever reason, there is a lovely green shade that seems to be popular right now, and I just love it. It's kind of a dull lime green, if that makes any sense. It's very pretty. I found a bunch of things in that color. I tried to keep my clothes in the green/tan/black family. There are a couple of gray things, but they go together, so that's okay. But now, cleaning my closet will be even more fun, because I can toss out all the stuff that is worn out, so I can make space for my new acquisitions. Oh, hurray!

Well, I don't think it will happen tomorrow...after church in the morning, we still have some more taxes to file, and after that...who knows? There is something else I need to do...I just can't remember right now. Well, that's not a surprise, either. Ha!

I have to catch up on two days of reading for Engage the Journey, too. Tomorrow will be a good day for that.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I love that song! Its such a great song in celebrating the weekend!

Smellyann said...

Hi - You won my Booga Bag giveaway! Please email and let me know your name and address so I can send it to you ASAP!

Thanks! :D

Bev Brandon said...

You are such a lovely person. Thank you for your very kind comment to me on ETJ. Deeply appreciate it. It's a privilege to do this with people like you. Bev