Sunday, March 30, 2008

bye bye Freis's

Let me say it right out loud and get it out of the way. I'm glad it was the Freis's going home. I hope the Moutras win.

The things I liked about tonight's show...

Cody was talking to Dawn's dad while they were working on the car, and Dawn's dad says, "So what's this about Dawn changing her job?" And Cody starts stuttering and stammering. Now that was funny. Cody can barely get the right words out. But Dawn was very open at the beginning of the show (but not in front of her dad) about how she "threw away" seven years of medical school to become a flight attendant. She says it with her perky little smile like it was nothing. I wonder who paid for all of that. Maybe daddy? Did you get the feeling her dad was mad as hops, but was just making nice for the camera? He's an attorney. He's used to wearing a poker face. Awkward...

I liked watching the relationship develop between Crystal's dad and Johnnie. It was so interesting how Johnnie worried about working on the car--he wanted to make sure he was giving her dad the appropriate respect without getting walked on as a man himself. I am fascinated by the dynamics of relationships between men because they relate to each other SO differently than women do.

I think one of the reasons I like reality shows is because I'm a student of human nature, for lack of a better way to describe it. It's probably one of the most intriguing subjects there is for me. I like to get to know people and try to figure them out, to learn them, to predict what they might do...the material is just never-ending.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I agree about the freis's going home. I fell asleep before the show was over though so now I am sorry that I missed the rest. It looks like it would have been interesting.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the Freis' didn't stay either...She is just too possessive and controlling, although she tried to hide it...and they are just married. And he is so afraid of what she will do or say... what will happen as the honeymoon phase wears off? The last episode she was just like a mean sour judge, what did she expect in a competition? She would have done the same as the others did! I didn't see them talking too much with the Holmes during the whole show, only when they wanted their vote. Hope they make it as a couple. Lot of growing up to do.

daisy said...

I agree...but I think there's hope. Remember when they were trying to decide whether or not to take the money? He stepped up and made a decision she didn't like. AND it turned out well. It was good practice for him.