Sunday, March 23, 2008

an Easter to remember

What a day it was. I felt horrible this morning. I had a massive headache, and even though I wanted to get up, I couldn't make myself budge. My honey got up around seven and started cooking for the day. The meal probably turned out better because of my staying in bed. He made cornbread (the moist kind with real corn and shredded cheese), greens with smoked turkey, ham, and a turkey breast.

The kids brought/made macaroni and cheese, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and rutabagas, and sweet potatoes. My SIL Marge brought pies and cookies, and Luvvy, my honey's ex, brought a pan of brownies. We were only missing a couple of the kids...the ones who live up north about three hours (who have four of our grandbabies), and Em & Jo-Jo, who were painting their kitchen this weekend. So nine of the kids with their others and six of the ten grandbabies were here, and the walls were just pulsating with all the energy inside the house.

It's too bad it was so cold and slushy. The kids could have had a great time playing outside. But instead, they were running like madmen up and down the hall. I got to had to leave to find an open store that had Crystal hot sauce for the greens, and it took me almost an hour to find one.

And at the end of the day, when the last guests were leaving, my outside light was burned out. I have this pole lamp by the door. The shade is broken off so just the light bulb sticks up from the top of the lamp. Lame, I know, but it works for now. I took this pole lamp and held it out the front door with the light bulb sticking out a couple feet so they could see to walk to their car. One of the girls informed me I had just fallen to a new level of ghetto-ness. It's a good thing no neighbors drove by.

FYI: spoiler alert for Here Come the Newlyweds

Then I turned on Here Come the Newlyweds. Out of all the couples, I think the Moutras are my favorites, and then the Holmes's, and in third, the Fries's. Crystal and Johnnie are just like the next door neighbors, you know? They're down to earth, they're real, they're open and friendly. I'd hang out with them anytime.

Lance and Heather seem like the type to have fun whatever they do, and they seem to take on life with a positive attitude. I like that. However, if we were in high school together, we would never hang out. They would be in the way cooler group.

Cody and Dawn seemed too perfect at first, and I didn't like them. Then during the episode with the roast, I figured out that Dawn was a control freak. I liked them a little more then, but not a lot. But I loved that Cody took charge about the money, and the best part was that it didn't turn out badly. She needs to learn to trust him more. He's a good guy, got a good head on his shoulders. I was amazed that they didn't get voted off, actually. Rather shocking. Well, we'll see if Cody actually meant what he said about not voting off whoever else takes the money and trades that for staying safe.

The Krashins are history...bye bye Dana and Steve. I think they wrote their own farewell last week when they pulled a fast one and lied about who they were going to vote for. It's such a tricky situation to stay on top of. I would find it very difficult to plan a winning strategy for that game. People figure out very quickly when a person is not on the up and up, and with that much money at stake, they don't pull any punches.

Does anyone know how they will determine the last couple? I never watched Survivor or Lost or whatever one was similar to this. I don't know what happens at the end. Obviously no one is going to vote themselves off, so it'll be one vote for each couple. I can just see it now. Oh surprise! It's a tie. Whatever shall we do? Let's try it again. Maybe one of these couples will be dumb enough to vote for themselves this time, and we'll solve the problem.

They must have a plan.

2 comments:

daisydreamer said...

I love trying new things...especially when they turn out to be wonderful.

Compared to your's, my Easter was tame...thanks for the perspective!

Haven't watched that one...and my kids will tell you those kinds of shows are all I watch...lol

daisy said...

You can check it out online at abc.com to see if it's worth your while. The second episode was pretty funny. I think that was my favorite so far (if that is the one where the guys had to drive blindfolded while their wives gave them directions.) I'm giggling thinking about it right now.