Wednesday, March 12, 2008

how do you like your quesadilla done?

Lesson from today: Never cook dinner during American Idol.

I was trying to finish making the quesadillas for dinner, but I had to keep running in the other room to see what was going on. You can't just listen to results night from the other room--you hafta see the faces. Well, I got a little sidetracked and stayed in there too long...here's what happened to the quesadilla. Who do you suppose is going to want this?



You know what? I just peeled that puppy off, slapped a fresh tortilla on there, and flipped it over to cook it...just like new again! It's an occupational hazard of my easily-distracted brilliant mind. I'm becoming an expert at saving burnt food.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm sorry to say that I laughed when I saw the picture. Many a waffle turns out that way in the morning (since that's the only thing Noah will eat for breakfast) and they are quickly rejected. Great idea about slapping another tortilla on top.

Mrs. D said...

Well, it's good you have your priorities in place - American Idol should always come before food - right?? : ) lol

How about the show last night? Were you surprised David Hernandez was voted off?