Sunday, March 30, 2008

I think it's called writer's block

What is it called when you have all these great ideas about what to write, and when you sit down, nothing is there? Whatever it is, I have it!

It's not that it's been uneventful, it hasn't. I think I just get interrupted so many times at the computer that my brain says, "Not bothering to produce a coherent thought, here. It's just not worth it."

So maybe I'll just write an update in the next seven minutes before "Here Come the Newlyweds" starts, and we'll see what I come up with.

Okay, quick. Thursday. I don't know what happened. That was quick.

Friday, we had a scrapbooking social at work. That was very fun. I was tired at the end of the day, but hey. How often do I get paid to play with my scrapbook stuff? The attendance wasn't very high, but we all had a great time. And, everyone who came to peek in on us was jealous.

Friday evening, now that was funny. The boys all left to go play pool, and Johnny had his car blocking all the other cars in. Pearly had to leave to go home, and we couldn't get the car out. When I called the boys to see if there was a spare set of keys, fortunately there was. I took the key out there, unlocked the door, put the key in the ignition, and ... it wouldn't start. BUT, the alarm sounded, and that is one obnoxious alarm. Weee--ooooo, weeeeee--ooooooo, wonk! wonk! wonk! wonk! weeee--ooooooo, weeeee--ooooooo!

I'm in there, stepping on the brakes, jiggling the steering wheel, shutting the door, opening the door, everything I can think of , and nothing is working. Finally it stopped. Whew.

So I think, now it's going to let me start it. I try again. NOT! Weeeee--oooooooo...oh, no, not again. Three times, I did that. My honey finally got in the car to try it, and he didn't have any better luck. This is ten-thirty at night, and I'm waiting for one of the neighbors to call the cops. He's getting mad, Pearly's covering her ears because it's so LOUD, and the girls and I are standing on the sidewalk, practically peeing our pants laughing. I could hardly stand up.

We call the boys back, and all I said to Rob was, "How do you turn the alarm off on John's car?" I hear him start to laugh. John says, "Oh, yeah. Shoot." What? That's it? Oh shoot? And then he tells me there is another little remote inside his dresser drawer. He could have told us that from the get. Problem solved.

Then...well, that update will have to wait for tomorrow, or later tonight. Time to go watch the newlyweds...it's been lovely.

1 comment:

Becky K. said...

I would say you got over the writer's block pretty well. I loved the car alarm story.

I took Mom to pick up her car after being inspected the other day and as she was getting out of my car she must have bumped the button on her key fob(?) inside of her purse. It took her a little bit to figure out what was happening while the guys from the garage came out to see what was happening...I just threw my head back and laughed!

It was not nice of me...but it was funny!

Becky K.