Wednesday, March 19, 2008

wacky web Wednesday 03.19

I'm going to join my friend Crazy Daisy from Forever Daisies and post a Wacky Web Wednesday today. This video, that E.Gwen (excuse me...I was corrected by both of the girls) that Gee shared with me, that I want to share with you is actually, strangely enough, a video response to the video that Crazy Daisy posted for today. How funny is that! Totally serendipitious. (Did I spell that right?) Anyway, if you click on the "wacky web wednesday" tag under her post, you can see the fun videos Crazy Daisy has found so far. I whiled away a nice chunk of time watching them!



And one more very cool site I discovered today is Pandora.com. If you register (very simple, just email, a password, gender and zip code), you can type in an artist or a song and it will create a "radio station" that will play similar music to the artist or song you selected. It makes a great background when you're blogging or working on the computer, or even doing the dishes! It's easy to use, and there are also preset styles if you want a little wider variety. Check it out.

Just a short note on American Idol. Last night was not so great. I think it was a mistake to do the Beatles two weeks in a row. Last week was really good, but it made this week look like a second rate has-been.

I loved Chikezie's take on his song. He just makes me laugh, in a good way. I've loved that song since I first heard it. Syesha's version of "Yesterday" was pretty darn good. And Carly did a good job with "Blackbird," and even though I'd never heard the song before, I liked it a lot! Jason was just kind of goofy. And the Davids were predictably good, although they are very different from each other. David Archuleta is young, but he has an old soul. I missed the first singer (Amanda) last night, which was fine with me. I'm ready for her to go home. She's not very versatile, and I'm not a fan of her rock style. Probably not cool to admit that, but it's true. Brooke irritates me, for some reason. I haven't figured out why, exactly. Kristi will be gone soon.

I never thought I'd say it, but it's getting kind of same-old same-old for me. I missed the second half of the season premiere of Dancing With the Stars for THIS???

5 comments:

Crazy Daisy said...

OOh, thanks for joining up with Wacky Web Wednesday, and linking up to me! The video you posted is GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Actually it is ME!! your other daughter who showed you this video...but whatever...give your favorite all the credit.. No biggie.

daisy said...

Hee hee, little miss "other daughter" Gee. Just remember one thing. My memory (or lack of it) is genetic. Your clock is ticking. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Becky K. said...

Amanda is gone...I was totally fine with that. She accomplished what she set out to do...made herself a star in her own rock world.

I definitely agree that doing Beatles music two weeks in a row was a bad decision!

Becky K.

Smellyann said...

I love those Flash Mob things! I'd totally be a part of one. Cool video!

I missed American Idol to watch DWTS, so I guess we're even!