Saturday, March 22, 2008

a whirlwind week

Time has just flown by since Wednesday. I've been on spring break all week, and I've felt like a snowball rolling downhill. Monday and Tuesday went by slowly, Wednesday picked up a little speed, and all of a sudden, I realized that it's Saturday evening and my week is almost over.

On Thursday, my honey and I went out to the Vietnam House for lunch. We tried something new...a shrimp hotpot soup, and a catfish hotpot with no soup. The soup was so interesting. There were very thin slices of some spongy green vegetable that had a tangy citrusy flavor in the soup (anyone know what it might be called?), slices of jalapeno peppers, bean sprouts, shrimp, big tomato chunks, and pineapple slices! Fabulous. But if you had asked me if I thought those flavors would go well together, I might have thought you had lost your mind. But it was amazing. The flavor just explodes in your mouth.

Then there was some fish sauce with a very spicy red pepper paste mixed in to dip with. I left the pepper paste alone, by the way. I only do mild to medium spice. But my honey loved it. Cleared his sinuses right up.

I don't know if I should tell you that we also went to his ex-wife's house on Thursday after lunch to take pictures of the beautiful jewelry that she makes. She wants to get an Etsy store going, and I'm giving her a hand with the technical side of it. We were there about four hours, and then we went home to make supper for our starving children. We had a lovely day out, thanks to Gee who watched little X-man.

On Friday, we watched two of the grandbabies, X-man and Baby Del, and that about wiped me out. I don't know how I did it before when the kids were little. I had two or three of them home all day during the school year, and all of them during the summer. Of course, they were not all two years old. But still. I sit here wondering where my get-up-and-go got up and went to. I'm too young to feel old.

Today we did some miscellaneous shopping, cooking and cleaning, and a little bit of babywatching thrown in again. I'm exhausted. And tomorrow we're having a houseful of people over for dinner. I can't wait to go back to work to catch a break! Wow.

But Oh! One of the highlights of my week was getting this beautiful necklace in the mail. I won it in the 5 Minutes for Mom Ultimate Blog Party! It was made by Autumn Daisy, who sells her handmade items on Etsy. Thanks so much to Crazy Daisy for telling me about the Blog Party...I was in the land of oblivion and hadn't been out visiting anywhere. Is this not simply exquisite?

1 comment:

daisydreamer said...

What a fun necklace!!!