Sunday, April 20, 2008

be right back...

The last couple of nights have not been good sleeping nights. Pearlie stayed over with the babies, and we kept our two cats in our room overnight so they wouldn't lay next to the baby. Dal is allergic to the cats, and the baby could be, too.

Franklin is the most obnoxious cat at night. He doesn't just find a cozy spot to curl up like Tucker does. He moves around all night. He gets bored in one spot, and walks all over the top of you to find his next spot. My legs get stiff and sore from trying to avoid kicking him off the bed.

Then when he gets really bored, he walks up to the window and rattles the shades like crazy. I think he just wants the company, because if you wake up and pay attention to him, he lays right down next to you and purrs.

We chased him away from the shades for about an hour last night, and I finally gave up and brought him out here for a little bit of food. He ate, drank some water, used the litter box, and back we went into the bedroom.

About an hour later, Tucker must have had to get out to use the litter box, because he kept standing right next to my face: "Mer-row-row-row. Mer-row-row-row!" He'd dance on my head, and then he'd be "mer-rrroow-ing" all over again. I finally woke up enough to let him out and he ran for the litter box. He was probably doing his little dance with his legs crossed.

I was never so glad to see morning.

Well, I'm cutting it short for now...I have a spare few hours, miraculously, and I'm going to work on my closet.

6 comments:

Juliana said...

Oh goodness! Isn't it a good thing we love our pets? We have a dog, and she barks in the middle of the night - we're almost certain it's because there is a cat in the backyard.

Thanks for visiting my blog! I know very few people with that name, too. One is 4 years old and the other is a digiscrapper.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I said they could stay in my room......

daisy said...

LOL...whichever of my sweeties you are, I know that! I just love to write my funny cat stories...so don't think I'm complaining about you!

luvmychichi said...

Anonymous must be G-girl! Because I just now read your blog - laughed my butt off by the way - I am so glad that they were in your room and not ours!! Next time let Gail spend the night with them so she can get annoyed. I just push the cats to the side and keep on snoozing!

Suz said...

I hate to be late to work, and I think it's more turquoise than light blue.

txhottie_86@yahoo.com

shiloh said...

sweet i love it !