Thursday, April 3, 2008

the ghost did it



"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Ida."

"Ida who?"

"Ida Know!"


The girls told me that in the middle of the night last night, about 3:30 am, there was a huge crash in their room. They both sat bolt upright with their eyes bugged out like a Bugs Bunny cartoon. Some little black drawers that Gee has had just crashed to the floor. For no apparent reason. We can't blame it on the cats, because none of them were in the room. I don't get it.

And then just now when I was sitting here blog surfing, there was another crash at the end of the hall. For no apparent reason. This is a little creepy. The cats are sleeping. Maybe it's the chipmunk. We can hear one under the house in the mornings. I think he spent the winter in the crawl space, but I've seen him out running around the outside of the house looking for food. Maybe he has ventured inside. Yikes. Nah. Blame it on the ghost.

We could blame the ghost for the missing keys around here, too. I am quite tired of this. Actually, I think it's someone named Ida Know. I can never catch up with her. "Who took my keys?" "Ida Know." "Who left these dishes in the living room?" "Ida Know."

Well, let me tell you something. When I catch up with Ida, she's gonna get a beatdown. She's been causing a BUNCH of trouble around here.

2 comments:

Monday through Sunday said...

You have such a beautiful blog!

bethn said...

Wow. I didn't know my friend Ida visited others. She's very busy around our house. Although usually when I look deeper she was me and I just forgot about it.