Tuesday, April 1, 2008

tonight's pbp (play by play)

Okay, now that I've 'fessed up to how gullible I can be, let's move on to something besides me. Like American Idol, and DWTS. Here's to some serious TV watching!

I feel like such a slug. I'm cranky and I don't want to do ANYTHING. I sat on the couch with AI and DWTS on. The volume was set at "blast you out of your chair." And I didn't budge until it was over. I did cook dinner, but not until AI was done.

American Idol

So, Dolly Parton songs tonight, hey? I was a Dolly fan, back when I listened to country...when country was good, you know? Today it sounds a lot like pop with a twang. But I digress.

I was a little worried about what the guys were going to sing. I didn't need to worry at all. They were fine! It was the girls who had issues. Kristi, Ramiele, and Brooke were just so-so for me tonight. Kristi has this attitude of an immature, obnoxious, thinks-she's-so-cute teenager. "Love you, Simon," she says, with that cheesy grin. *huge eyeroll*

Brooke is a know-it-all. A nicey-nice know-it-all, but still one nonetheless. Simon criticizes, everyone boos, and she just says over and over, "That's okay. That's okay. Thank you. That's okay." You don't have to make everything okay for everyone every time. Zip it, lady.

Carly's song was pretty decent, but I think Simon almost made her cry when he made that crack about the way she dresses. And I liked Syesha's version of "I Will Always Love You." I don't care if Simon didn't like it. It was something between Dolly's version and Whitney's.

But the guys had the night locked up, if you ask me. Well, some of the guys. It was a tossup between David Cook, David Archuleta, and Michael Johns. If I had to pick ONE, it would be Michael Johns.

Jason's song was predictable and bland. Did you love the postcards for him? "Your voice just calms me down..." (Puts me to sleep, more like.) If I was thirteen, I might vote for Jason, because he has that sweet pretty boy face and kind smile. Complex he is not.

Well, can you tell I'm PMS-ing today? There you have it. The snippy AI review.

Dancing With the Stars

And as for DWTS, I'm just glad Mario didn't go home. I was a little nervous with him being one of the last ones left standing.

It was okay that Steve the Gute went home. He has a great personality, but his dancing doesn't grab me.

I could let Marlee Matlin go too. What was that remark about pancake hands all about? I must have missed that.

And the short little Broadway girl--Marissa--she's probably going to go soon, too, unfortunately. She has enough zip and fizz for six dancers, but I think she comes up a little short on technique.

Kristi Yamaguchi will probably last a while, but I'm not wowed by her yet.

Shannon Elizabeth's billing as the sexiest woman alive or whatever it was they said about her on the first show was rather off-putting. What. Ever. Comments like that kind of leave me feeling very indifferent about the person. And what was that thing she had wrapped around her head tonight? Who honestly wears something like that out in public? Wonder Woman, maybe? I told you I feel snippy tonight. I do like her a little better every time her tomboy ways peek out, though.

My favorite dancers so far are Jason Taylor, Mario, and Shannon Elizabeth. Yes, I know. Contrary is my middle name.

Can I snip about one more thing? Kylie Minogue. Is it because she projects this calculated deliberate sex appeal, trying to look like a Mariah Carey wanna-be, only trashier, that she is so popular? I did NOT think her singing was all that great...it was only worth about a half a bag of chips, if you ask me. I would not be one of the million saps who bought one of her albums today.

Okay. I'm done being a snot. At least for tonight. I'm going to bed to dream about half-shoveled dog runs, undone dishes, and bickering girls. I ought to wake up in just a LOVELY mood. Maybe you can pray for me. I am crab.by.

3 comments:

Becky K. said...

I need to watch AI. I had a meeting last night.

Hope your dreams were a whole lot better than doggy doo. Too funny!

I hope today is a better day. I am glad you just sat and watched your shows last night...

Hormones...gotta love them.

Becky K.

Smellyann said...

LOL! I love the attitude, keep it.

Gotta disagree about Brooke, though. I love her on AI - she is the one I am rooting for.

And Kristi on DWTS. I was very sad to see the Gute go home! I love him, he's such a cutie and a sweetie-pie. I'm ready for Marlee to go home to, though. I hope Marissa sticks around a while! I think it's Tony's choreography that has fallen short of the mark, not her ability. He's not putting anything great out!

daisy said...

Hormones...I think it's a love/hate thing. I love saying what's on my mind--well, actually, I can't NOT say them. They won't stay inside.

But my honey always thinks I have issues with him. And I don't. He hates this time of the month. Maybe it's God's little jest.

I know, I know. There are a lot of people who like Brooke. Just not me. I think she just reminds me of someone I don't particularly like...sorry Brooke.

You might be right about Tony...I'll have to pay more attention. I love Marissa's spunk. Her energy is delightful.