Monday, April 28, 2008

we call it...gorilla bread!

I gotta tell y'all this. I made a delicious recipe yesterday. It's actually an overnight monkey bread (caramel roll) recipe, but I started it in the morning and baked it in the evening. It ended up being dessert to the Spanish Rice with Chorizo that I made for dinner.

But it's so good, and so easy that I wanted to share.It was soooooo tasty. One small problem popped up...read on to find out.

Overnight Gorilla Bread
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 pkg of frozen rolls (18 rolls)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
Cinnamon to taste
1 small pkg butterscotch (or vanilla) pudding, not instant

The night before serving, grease the bottom of a bundt pan. Cover bottom of pan with nuts. Place frozen rolls in pan. Combine sugar, butter and cinnamon in saucepan. Bring to a boil, then pour over rolls in pan. Sprinkle dry pudding mix over top. Leave on counter overnight to rise, don't cover. In the morning bake at 350 degrees, for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and invert onto serving platter.

Cool 5 minutes...and get your piece quickly before everyone else devours them!

I suppose you're wondering why I call this Gorilla Bread. It's very similar to Monkey Bread, but I added an entire bag of Rhodes Dinner Rolls, 36 rolls, when the recipe calls for 18 rolls. 18! So when it came out of the oven, it looked like this!



Pearlie was over, and she said, "Is that monkey bread!? It's so big you should call it Gorilla Bread!"

Can we say READ the directions carefully? Wow.

No comments: