Monday, May 12, 2008

cell phone dilemma

So we've been looking at cell phone plans. We got these prepaid phones, but we end up using them quite a bit more than we thought we would. So we're still spending more than we would on a plan. However, if you get a plan, you are committed to two years of spending that much money a month.

I looked at the T-mobile plans, and found out that you can get unlimited texts for $14.99. My honey, however, is NOT a fan of learning new technology. I was thinking of the commercial where the mom takes the phone away from her daughter because she is texting too much, and everything was in text shortcuts.

I was explaining that there are lots of little shortcut words, like LOL. And that you could just make up your own spelling of things. Like if you wanted to say something with the "ate" sound, you could just type "8", so hate would look like "h8".

He stared at me for the longest time, and finally said, "I'd rather learn French!"

ROFL

4 comments:

Growing in Grace (Nicole) said...

Yeah, for those of us who blog and have experience on message boards the shortcuts don't seem quite so strange. There are some that are quite confusing though. Good luck with cell phone plan decisions!

Crazy Daisy said...

Cute! :)

We only recently decided to get texting on our plans, so I'm slowly learning. :-) We have sprint, but only because of coverage when we see family. I'm not sure if it is the best in other areas.

bethn said...

I still haven't ever managed to actually make a text message work. WE have a prepaid plan and I"m really unhappy with it. First I didn't get good reception, now I never seem to have enough minutes. I can't seem to make my hubby change his mind, he thinks prepaid plans are absolutely great. Good luck figuring out what you're going to do.

daisy said...

Yeah, I hear you.

Every time he hears the words, "two-year-plan", I think his eyeballs roll all the way around in his head. Several times.

He has a point, though. He says if no one bought the two year plans, if people just refused to buy cell phones until they could get the deal they wanted, the companies would change what they are offering. But, on the flip side, what are the chances of THAT happening? Zippety.