Wednesday, May 28, 2008

loaner dog has gone home now...

Okay, Punkin's mommy came to get her tonight, the adopt-me dog is gone, and I can rest easy with just Augie Doggie and X-man tomorrow. Rest is the key word here, because Dee talked me into going for a walk around the block, and it's a mile around the block. That's a big block. I know.

Actually, a mile probably doesn't sound like much, but if you think about it, my job for the last two and a half years has involved sitting on my behind in a cushy office chair. Sitting. And I haven't done a large amount of walking. I'm embarrassed to say this, but I'll say it anyway. A mile almost killed me. I could barely pick my feet up by the time we got back home. I am OUT of SHAPE. I thought I was going to die, or at the very least, fall over sideways into someone's lawn and lay there with my legs sticking up in the air like dead little stumps.

I looked back at the house with longing in my eyes when we got to the end of our block, and Dee says, "Keep going!" She's so sympathetic. I was complaining about my legs when we got back. Does she care? No. "Buck up, mother!" she says. "You can do it again in a couple of days." And I probably will. LOL.

2 comments:

bethn said...

Boy do I know that feeling. When my youngest wants to go for a bike ride I wind up jogging along behind panting and gasping for breath. Too bad he doesn't ride fast enough so I can ride my bike along with him. That would make it a lot easier.

daisy said...

Yeah, well, keep it up! I'm pretty sure that it's easier to hang on to what you have than it is to try to get it back. Glad I'm not the only one.