Thursday, May 8, 2008

my life as a yoyo

I think I'm destined for a life of zinging back and forth between two opposites. Dejection. Elation. Uncertainty and anxiety. Relief. Wow.

Let me explain...Ishared about how our Augie Doggie has been in pain for about two weeks. I think it might be an injury to his back...I don't know for sure. But he can barely walk, and he whimpers nearly the entire time he has to go out to go potty. So we decided it was time. Time to end his suffering, time to grit our teeth and let him go.

After we had decided yesterday finally that we were going to put him down, today my honey was having cold feet, and wanted to try bringing him to the doggy chiropractor. Yippee! A stay of execution. Now it may not help, but I'm sure willing to try. He is like one of my kids.

So, tomorrow morning, we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of dogs! (Pardon me for the pun...I'm just a little loopy right now.) And hopefully I'll have good news to report. Prayers for my doggie would be appreciated! Yes, I pray for my dog...God cares about every detail of my life. He knows when every hair falls. He cares about my family, and Augie is part of my family, too.

My kids will see the irony of my priorities. So how are the children, you ask? Fine. Wonderful. Now, let me tell you about the dog!

4 comments:

fortyb4forty said...

I pray for my dogs, too. God definitely cares about them, he created them.I'll be praying for you,too.

Smellyann said...

Poor doggie. I hope the treatment works.

bethn said...

I pray for my cats too. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet. I hope things go well for your other baby.

LaCresha said...

I pray for all animals...I'm such a softy when it comes to animals in need. I do pray that all will be alright with your beloved dog.