Monday, May 19, 2008

seeing the everyday...

A big thank you to Gabrielle over at Design Mom. I won one of the subscriptions to "Seeing the Everyday" magazine that she was giving away for Mother's Day. Here is a link to a sample of what the magazine is all about...I wish I would have had this magazine when the kids were little, but I was probably too busy to take the time to read it.


Seriously, those little moments that happen everyday are exactly what the good stuff of life is made of. Those baby's firsts are so precious: first smile, first realization of the fact that they have toes, the first time they learn how to grip and pull their own hair, the first time they figure out how to kiss you.

And how about the practice times when your little one is perfecting a skill? The time they learn to whistle a whole tune, or when they tie their shoe without any help, and then completely forget how to do it, or when they want to help set the table, just because they know how.

Oh, be still my heart...those moments go so quickly! But we don't realize it because we are so busy with getting the next tasks done. If I could go back and say one thing to say to myself as a young mom, it would be, "Slow down. Go slowly and enjoy the little miracles that each moment brings. Savor each everyday moment as if it were the last. Enjoy the sweetness and innocence of your little babes."

Because pretty soon, they'll grow up and move away to another state to work at a new job and you won't be able to see their smiling faces everyday.

True story.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Thanks for the wonderful K'nex. Go visit me today, okay?

Hooked on Houses said...

So true! I'm just amazed at how time accelerates when you have children. My son just turned 13, and I could swear he was 3 last week. How does that happen? He's taller than I am now, and sometimes when I'm looking UP at him and telling him to make his bed or do his homework, it's the most surreal feeling.

Thanks so much for the adorable turquoise watch (that I won in the Bloggy Carnival)! Love it. -Julia :-)

Flocculus said...

"Seeing the everyday" seems to try to hide its Mormon roots. I wonder why that is...

daisy said...

really. that is curious. how did you know that?