Friday, May 2, 2008

updates

The boys are off on a road trip to prosperity. Three of the boys headed out into the wild blue yonder yesterday, on their way to Wyoming in search of a good job (translated, one that pays more than what they're making now, so they can pay off their debts). It reminds me of the Gold Rush of the Wild West. Wagons, ho!

It's an adventure! And you know how boys pack, right? They're so funny. Throw a few socks and boxers in a bag, make sure they stock up on cigarettes (yukk) and Mountain Dew, make a last minute run for a little cash, and away they go.

Completely unlike the girls. The girls would have at least two outfits for every day they planned to be gone, and a couple of extra outfits. Just . in . case . They'd take all their hair/face/hands/feet necessities, as well as all of the possible things they might need when they shower. Razor, pumice stone, nail polish, hot oil treatment for their hair, eyebrow wax kit, eyelash curler, hair crimper, the works. The guys? I think they might have taken their toothbrushes. Maybe.

Well, I just found out that the boys are stuck out in the middle of South Dakota in a BLIZZARD! One to three feet of snow expected. A $500 fine if you get caught leaving town. Highways are closed. What do the boys have with that's warm to wear? Yes, you guessed it. Sweatshirts. I guess I understand that, because it is May, but still! Momma's freaking out, here.

Well, if they can find someplace warm to hole up for a day, the outlook starts getting better tomorrow. Here, check this weather forecast out.



Winter to spring in two days. And I thought our weather had wild mood swings!

2 comments:

Crazy Daisy said...

Wow! Hope things work out for them being in SD in the blizzard! If they need a place to stay, and they are close to where that scrapbook event will be, let me know, I might be able to help out!

fortyb4forty said...

I have 3 young boys and I wonder if this is what I have to look forward to in a few years. They'd be thrilled for the snow, we hardly got any this year.