Wednesday, May 14, 2008

wacky web wednesday 05.14.08

It's my wacky web Wednesday post. Here are some of the crazy things I found online this week:

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have come anywhere near kids. I found this at kirtsy:

Driver buckles up beer, baby sits on floor. The headline says it all.

Are you looking for a babysitter? Amy Winehouse is your girl. NOT.

And you definitely don't want to get any parenting tips from Michael and Debi Pearl, like this mother did. I can't tell you how sad it makes me, thinking of this little boy. Ai.

Here's a short quote from an article on the Pearls' website:

"The child has no social consciousness, so he does whatever he feels like. Dumping ...[his bowl of food]... is not a great offense for a six-month-old, but he will not always be six months old, and it won’t be cute for long. It will make you downright mad when he is three years old and flings a whole plate of food into your lap.

So we watch him, knowing his propensity to selfish compulsion. When he seizes his bowl with intentions of dumping it, swat the offending hand with a little instrument (light wooden spoon, rubber spatula, flexible tubing less than a quarter inch in diameter, or any instrument that will cause an unpleasant sting without leaving any marks)." Wow. If you go to their site, it looks fairly benign until you find these creepy little "gems," prescriptions for child abuse, in my mind. I hear that the book they published on child discipline has more of the same.

I know. Not funny. Horrifying, actually...but definitely wacky.

There you go.

2 comments:

Crazy Daisy said...

OMG! I cannot believe someone would belive in that kind of discipline so strongly that they would write a book like that! I'm in shock!

Alicia said...

Wow this is crazy! I cant believe this!